The free Prime app connects you to the most up-to-date journal citations and abstracts from the complete PubMed database. In addition to the ability to perform powerful searches and link to the publisher’s full text articles, Prime also provides a number of exclusive tools not available anywhere else creating a one-of-a-kind user experience.
- Search: Perform evidence-based searches by keyword, author, or journal then link to full text articles.
- Organize: Bookmark and Tag important articles and searches to quickly return to them later
- Share: Share articles directly from the app via Email, Twitter, Facebook, SMS, Dropbox, and more
- Grapherence®: Unbound’s unique search option allows you to visually explore the influence and interrelationships among journal articles
- For You: Discover new articles in a feed designed specifically for you based on how you use the app
- Browse: Select specific journals you want to follow and receive alerts when new articles are published
WHAT IS GRAPHERENCE?
Grapherence® is Unbound’s interactive search that graphically represents the influence and interrelationships among journal articles. Tap the Grapherence button within a citation and instantly see how that article is related to others. Using this exclusive feature the researcher quickly uncovers difficult to find entries, determines overall significance, identifies clusters of thought, and locates seminal articles.
ABOUT UNBOUND MEDICINE
With 50+ premium apps available, Unbound Medicine combines powerful software with best-selling content to deliver clinical answers wherever you need them. Top-selling apps include Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX) Guide, Davis’s Drug Guide, 5-Minute Clinical Consult, Harriet Lane Handbook, The Washington Manual, Nursing Central™, and Diagnosaurus DDx.
* Feature update: Users now have the ability to filter and organize favorites
Ratings and Reviews
Helping me keep up with the literature
I am absolutely loving this app. It is exactly what I need for keeping updated with publications in my field of interest. I like the push notifications to let me know of new additions to my searches. One improvement I'd make is the ability to delete irrelevant stuff from my lists (perhaps another option when you slide to tag an article). I recommend this to anyone who regularly uses pubmed. Even allows you to log in to academic libraries (if you are registered users) to get full texts. Much better than the readcube app.
Thanks for using Prime and for your review! We are continually looking to add useful features to our application. Customer feedback such as this is critical to helping us improve our product.
Must have app for each researcher!
In a current world of literature overload, this app is blessing. This app keeps me updated on recent articles in the field of my interests. The note taking app helps me recors my ideas for future brainstorming. One change which I would like is a go to favorite option in the app so I can glance through those articles as needed.
Thank you for your thoughtful review -- we are delighted to hear you get so much value out of Prime PubMed. There is a Favorites function available by clicking the star icon at the bottom-right corner of an article or search that you would like to return to later. Your Favorites list is accessible within the "Browse" section from the home screen.
Cannot save, print nor share articles.
This app is good for searching for articles. But it is worse than using Safari since you cannot save, print nor share the articles you found. The information is stuck in this app. You can't save it for reading on a Mac or other device. For this egregious deficiency, this app only deserves 2 stars. It is less useful than searching on medline in Safari.
Thank you for your feedback. Users may share and save articles multiple ways and in multiple formats. They can be shared via email, Dropbox, Facebook, and Twitter. By Email and Dropbox you can save it in ABSTRACT (text), MEDLINE (for EndNote, etc.), XML, HTML, or ASN.1. In addition, there are features that can only be found in the Unbound Prime app, including Grapherence (a visual search feature for related content), a ForYou feature that finds articles of interest based on your use of the application, and a Journal Browser feature. We hope you find these features useful.
- Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- 16.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.