Primer is a synth equipped with the most essential controls and nothing more. Created by Audible Genius, it is an exact replica of the synth used in their award-winning synthesizer training app, Syntorial. As such, Primer contains the most common controls found on most subtractive/analogue synths, allowing for a wide variety of patches and sounds, while presenting a simple and easy-to-understand interface and layout.
Included with the Primer app is the AUV3 App Extension, allowing you to open multiple instances of Primer inside popular DAW apps like Garageband, Cubasis, and AudioBus.
- Subtractive synthesis.
- Three Oscillators (Two with Waveform, Pitch, Pulse Width, and Mix controls, and a Sub oscillator with Waveform and Volume controls).
- Saw, Pulse, Triangle and Sine waveforms.
- FM knob.
- Noise Oscillator.
- Oscillator Sync.
- Filter (Low, Band and High Pass) with Resonance and Key Tracking.
- ADSR Filter Envelope.
- ADSR Amp Envelope.
- AD Modulation Envelope.
- LFO with four waveforms, seven destinations, rate, amount, trigger, and mono/poly modes.
- Mono, Legato and Poly Voice Modes.
- Unison with Voice, Detune and Spread controls.
- Ring Modulation.
- Distortion, Chorus, Phaser, Delay, and Reverb effects.
- Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel and Velocity controls.
We released our inaugural version and you guys got your hands on it and sniffed out a handful of bugs. If bugs were truffles, you'd be pigs. And we mean that as the highest compliment. Anyway, fixed ‘em. And they are......
- Preset Menu was partially offscreen when in half-screen view
- Some values in Mod Env Dest dropdown menu were un-selectable
- Some values in Unison Voices dropdown menu were un-selectable
- Standalone version in one channel only
- AUv3 version not recalling last settings when re-loading host
- Not responding to host automation
- When tapping a dropdown, some users are experiencing a flickering menu that only opens for an instant and then closes. If you're experiencing this one please email us at email@example.com.
- In some hosts, when going full screen, Primer is only half-visible until you touch a control
Ratings and Reviews
Can only hear sound out of left channel. Is this a bug or by design? Sound locks up on occasion when key is released.
Thanks for the feedback. We’ve fixed the channel issue which will be in the next update (coming soon). We’d like to learn more about the stuck key issue you’re having so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Great student synth
Awesome tool for learning basic sound synthesis. Clean UI. Great with Syntorial.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.