By Principal Financial Group
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The future. At your fingertips.
View your retirement and insurance accounts from the Principal Financial Group® anytime and anywhere – with this free and secure mobile app. IRA and individual investment accounts are available on principal.com.
Log in to the app for retirement account information and : *
•View defined contribution, defined benefit, nonqualified and employee stock ownership plan details
•Check account balances, vested balances, and loan balances, if applicable
•Change your contribution rate to the plan
•Transfer money between investment options
Or log in for insurance information and tools:
•Dental – View or email your ID card, search for a network dentist, and view benefits and claims
•Group Disability – View benefits and claims, access Employee Assistance Program info
•Individual Disability - View policy, premium and owner information
•Life – View benefits, access Travel Assistance info
•Vision – Submit claims, view or email ID card, view benefits and claims, access VSP discount info
* The availability of information and functionality will vary depending on your employer’s plan type(s).
To make changes not available on the app, log in to the full website at principal.com.
Some screens may contain more information than is illustrated in the samples.
Insurance products are underwritten by Principal Life Insurance Company, a member of the Principal Financial Group®.
What's New in Version 1.11.56
removed image/phrase from login screen
It’s really bad. Come on!
It is inexcusable at this point to not have fingerprint login enabled on a financial app. You are incentivizing your customers and users to use short or insecure passwords because every time they want to log in they have to enter the password. You don’t even work with the iOS Keychain password manager or third party password managers. It’s pretty embarrassing. I can tell you, every chance I get I will be pushing to move my company’s 401k away from Principal and will move my money away from Principal as soon as i can. It is simply INEXCUSABLE. Get your act together please.
Also, regarding user experience; you send users to full desktop pages from the mobile app with no clear way to return back to the app. Why are full desktop pages being displayed on mobile at all? It’s not difficult to redesign a page for mobile. A week, tops. Again, please get your act together. People are actually paying you. We expect something better for it.
It’s like the app is an afterthought... it’s barely functional
1) it doesn’t seem to crash
1) it doesn’t really offer any functionality
2) doesn’t support Touch ID, Face ID or even auto populate with stored passwords. I use this app so infrequently that by the time I go to use it, it’s hard to remember my password. Yes, I hear you say; “you’re an idiot, who doesn’t remember their password!” Well, me, in this case because Principal enforce some weird password requirements that means I can’t use any of my easily memorable passwords. So, in addition to not supporting any features that would allow me to not have to remember it, they make you have some unique cryptic password. *sigh*.
3) the app is basically a browser wrapper. Even the functionality it offers (seeing your balance, adjusting contributions and contributions), it’s a bit messy, with toolbars being misaligned when navigating.
Principal need to take a tip from TD Ameritrade, Fidelity, or any of the other 401(k) managers and at least bring this app up to a basic level of functionality.
Until then, it barely sneaks into 2 star territory.
In DIRE need of an UPDATE
Had this app functioned as most financial apps do, I think it would’ve been great. I use it to keep track of my 401 for investments and instead of it running on its own it works as sort of a internet extension. A lot of times I can’t even get things to load because it’s so buggy and laggy. It NEEDS to be its own app and separate from their web page. When I look at he same information on my computer it works fine but obviously mobile is more convenient on the go and when you don’t feel like getting a laptop out. Principal you need to fix this please. Make it much more accessible, smoother and overall a cleaner more modern look. I mean your app icon isn’t even clean! It’s pixilated!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Aug 06, 2017
- Version: 1.11.56
- Size: 6.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Principal Financial Group
- © 2016, Principal Financial Services, Inc., 711 High Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50392.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.