Print Window 5 is the best tool for printing file listings in Mac OS X!
Print Window allows you to create beautiful, professional-looking file listings right from the Mac OS X Finder. No more taking screenshots of windows or settling for text-only printouts of only filenames. Print Window provides the works: icons, file information, sorting and so much more!
LISTINGS WITH STYLE - Print Window allows you flexibility to choose how file information is displayed in your file listings. You can include as much or as little information as you want. Want a listing that displays everything you can about a file? You can do that! What a listing that displays only icons and names? Done. Want a contact sheet showing thumbnails of pictures and videos? No problem.
EASY TO USE - Print Window is very easy to use. It even allows you to save presets so that you don't have to mess with common settings over and over again. Set it once and go!
INTEGRATION - Print Window works with the Mac OS X Finder. Create a file listing directly from the Finder using drag-and-drop and the dock menu.
VARIETY OF FORMATS - With Print Window you can generate file listings that meet your specific needs. You can create file listings formatted for printing on standard sheets of paper, formatted for use as the cover of a CD jewel case or DVD case or even save file listings as a text file or a file that can be used with Microsoft Excel.
• Fixed an issue that could cause columns to print in the wrong location when using the Names Only style.
• Revamped error-reporting window to make it more clear.
• Fixed an issue that could cause Print Window to not correctly report when a new version is available.
What was new in Version 5.4:
• Print Window is now a 64-bit application
• Numerous changes for additional macOS Mojave compatibility
• Print Window now requires macOS 10.10 or better
• Print engine is significantly faster for some types of file listings
• Improved display of icons in the Print Options and Preferences windows when shown on a Retina display
• Fixed an issue where some text could display in the wrong color in the Print Options window
• Print Window now displays file counter with thousands separators in the Progress window
• Completely revamped error reporting system. The new system is more reliable and provides more robust information in the unlikely case an error does occur
• Various other minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
WOW! Only easy way to print Contact Sheets for Photos on Mac
I’ve been struggling to print contact sheets for a project I’m working on and couldn’t find a way to print the thumb nails sequentually, with folder headings, and end up with a pdf of the contact sheet. This is a very simple to use, straight-forward, work horse that gets the job done with minimal steps. Drag folder to Print Window (it leaves your originals where they are), click on style, select what info to include on the contact sheet and click print.
Also gives option of printing files lists, and setting multiple presets so I can default to my contact sheet exactly as I need it everytime.
I wish I’d found this program months ago! Well worth the $20
Beware of this app if you are running High Sierra
Apple should pull this app because it is really dangerous! It will make your folders disappear and should not be allowed to be available.
Apple please get this program off or force the developer to not allow it to be used with High Sierra. Yes, you get a notice that it is not “optimized” for the OS, but making folders disappear is a far distance from just not Optimized.
Developer Response ,
I am sorry that you experienced an issue with Print Window. I would be very interested in hearing what you mean by folders "disappearing" as this is the only report of this I have received. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As for the "not Optimized" message, the current version of Print Window will run fine in macOS High Sierra and the next major version of macOS. A 64-bit version of Print Window is currently in development and should be available soon, but there will be no issues with the current version.
Why is this not part of the OS?
Seriously Apple, this should be native.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.