Get a new virtual card for every purchase for free. Set spending limits, make one time-use cards, or cards that only work at certain merchants. Join over 100,000+ users that have saved $100 million by blocking unwanted charges due to compromised cards, hidden fees, and forgotten subscriptions.
Lifehacker says it's like creating a Gmail address like “email@example.com”, but for your card number.
Forget about credit card fraud, data breaches, or having to update billing information at all the services you use when a card gets hacked. Foil fraudsters, keep you personal information safe and take back control of your online spending!
Privacy cards may be used everywhere major debit cards are accepted.
- Complete Control - Set max charge limits on each card and close any card with just a swipe.
- Private Payments - Spend anonymously. Use a fake name when you pay. It’s nobody's business what you buy.
- Foil Fraudsters - Cards are automatically locked to the first merchant they're used at. So you're safe even if the merchant gets breached.
- Stop Subscriptions - Set a max charge or make your card single use, so you'll never forget to cancel one of those pesky "30 day free trials."
- Completely free - We make money from merchants, just like a debit or credit card. We won’t ever sell your information or surprise you with any hidden fees.
- Added support for FaceID!
Ratings and Reviews
Everyone should use this online
There should be one of the first applications people put on their phones, and should be a top application in the App Store. It’s incredibly well done and allows you to use a unique credit card for any online purchase, protecting you from getting overcharged or from theft. The business model of the company makes perfect sense and a sustainable. I can’t see enough good things about this app and the web site.
The application and the host website is incredibly well done, very intuitive, very polished. Everybody I show it to loves it and immediately embraces it.
Small hiccups but otherwise fantastic
This app/service solves the pain of constant credit card breaches that my credit union is not able to solve. Adding my bank account was a little tedious and required me to get in touch with support. Support was responsive and I was up and running via alternative verification within a few days. Meanwhile I use my normal credit card for trusted websites only and all other garbage I route via Privacy. Together with their Chrome extension very easy and user friendly. Feels like LastPass for credit cards.
Really cool concept. Just one suggestion
I’ve just stared using the app and I really like the way it allows you to control your online financial exposure. As a security student I’ve seen many companies that aren’t strictly compliant and this gives me a sense of safety that a hacker can’t compromise my entire bank account from one store.
However, I think the app would be perfect if you could similarly use the app with Apple Pay and I’d love the ability to add a burner card to my wallet. The rest of the app and the website are great and I haven’t had any issues.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.