"In the end, we picked Disconnect as our favorite [privacy] tool because it was the easiest to understand.” The New York Times, February 17, 2016
Super simple to use, Disconnect’s powerful award-winning protection makes your device faster, safer, and better.
- Over 50 million people use our software
- Amazing accolades include winning the 2015 Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app
- Featured on 60 Minutes, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, CNN, Wired, and many more
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations like the EFF and Mozilla
About Privacy Pro:
- Block invisible tracking and next generation malware (malvertising) threats
- Accelerate page load speeds by up to 44% and reduces bandwidth by up to 39% depending on your device usage!
- Unlike browser specific products, Disconnect Pro protects you across all your applications, including mobile browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.)
Thousands of companies you’ve never heard of build profiles based on your online activity and track you in ways you wouldn’t expect. Everything we do online is subject to surveillance. Disconnect Privacy Pro allows you to better control your data.
Our technology blocks over 5000 trackers, sources of malware and identity theft. We use Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology to set a configuration profile that prevents trackers and hackers from accessing your Internet activity. Unlike full-fledged VPNs this product does NOT slow down your Internet, route your traffic through our servers or mask your IP address.
We don’t log, examine, or store any data you transmit through your use of our VPN. View our full policy here: https://disconnect.me/privacy
- Brand new interface that now shows you trackers blocked, time and bandwidth saved
- Toolbox for advanced users who want more control over the default privacy block list, add custom trackers, or view recent connections
- VPN stability and performance
Ratings and Reviews
Easy and it works
I am using the 1.1.0 version of the app. It is easy to use. I am able to connect with Chrome and Safari — no problems. I understand it works with apps too.
To turn on, I did this
- Opened the app
- Turned it on in the menu
The first time, I saw the shield after about 10 seconds. The next times, it was instantaneous.
Works great, and really speeds up page load times.
I have had the free Disconnect pluggin installed for a while, but I recently decided to go ahead and pay for the pro version of the software. Even in the short time I’ve been using the app, I’ve been very happy with it. The app installs a VPN profile in my network settings and filters all requests to known tracking domains, regardless of which application opens them. Prior to setting it up, Safari would slow to a crawl any time I had a non-trivial number of tabs open at any time. Now that I have the Privacy Pro app and corresponding VPN service up and running, Safari actually feels responsive again: I can finally switch tabs without a multi-second delay. This product isn’t intended to be a complete ad blocker (and I don’t necessarily want that), but I have noticed that most egregious of the ad-filled sites that I visit are no longer so overwhelmed by over the top ads. The sites I visit with a reasonable number of thoughtful ads still present those ads, which is exactly what I would want to see.
One more note: I have been using a separate VPN service for years, and I was somewhat concerned that the Privacy Pro app wouldn’t interoperate with that service. So far, I’ve had no problem with using both services side-by-side. The VPN for Privacy Pro does not seem have any problem doing it’s thing while I’m connected to a separate VPN. That was a welcome discovery, because it isn’t clear that Privacy Pro is actually providing any encryption, just filtering.
It kills all functionality of Safari. It will not turn on.
Support? No response.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.