By Tension Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Private Contact is an application to manage on Mac an always encrypted address book to protect your privacy and keep your contacts really private.
Data are organised using a master and details interface very easy to use.
Custom colour categories can be associated to contacts to categorise them.
Everything can be sorted by name or company or category.
Search can be performed via a combination of keyword and category.
Colour labels inside the view can be totally customised by the user.
Custom colour categories can be created, modified and assigned by the user at any time.
A document can be used as default one to be automatically opened at startup to contain all the user contacts.
Private Contact is easy to use. Operations are absolutely easy and similar to the one of standard OS X application plus just a password to provide every time the user opens a document.
Data can be imported form your standard contacts.app or from data in CVS (comma separated value) and TVS (tab separated value) inside text files.
Data can be exported to text files in CSV, TSV, HTML or Custom format, even using your own custom tags.
Private Contact uses the powerful rock solid AES-256 algorithm, to encrypt data.
The use of the AES-256 algorithm, managed at decoding level by the new Apple common crypto native libraries available on any Mac, allows to work in a reliable way on any modern Mac.
Informations inside documents, relative to various persons, can be read only by the owner, and in case of unauthorised access or theft of the Mac, the data inside Private Contact documents can’t be read.
Other apps on your Mac can not access your Private Contact data, on the opposite of what can happen on the data inside your Contacts.app available also to sandboxed apps.
• Import from the Address Book
• Import from any text in CSV and TSV format
• Export to TSV, CSV, Html table, web pages, custom format with custom tags.
• Easy to use interface
• No learning period required
• Very secure AES-256 encryption algorithm. No one can decrypt your own data.
• very fast. Encryption saving and decryption opening is almost instantaneous
• Instant lock with a click
• Rock solid native OS X algorithm to encrypt and decrypt. This is a native Mac only app.
• Contact can be sorted and filtered
• Powerful category concept
• Uses a standard Mac OS X toolbar to manage frequent task
• Customisable colored categories
• Search and sort by category and name or company and all the content inside
• Includes an embedded PDF user guide
• OS X full featured complaint with Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Full screen
Fully compatible with OS X 10.8 and successive.
Optimised for OS X 10.9
Money back guarantee if you buy and you don’t like the app!
What's New in Version 3.2
- Bug fix creating a new contact
- The import function now has the ability to auto-detect the file encode format (solved problems with files coming from foreign encoding format)
- New file encode formats for text file to import, 9 accepted formats such as (UTF8, ASCII, UTF16, UTF32, OLD MAC OS 9) and others
- Now can import using also CSV-S format (Comma Separated Values using Semicolon)
- Improved export for notes with newline inside
Great App. Works as Advertised!
Really great app. The ONLY reason I didn't rate it five stars is because it does not have an iOS counterpart. If there were an iOS version of this app, it would be PERFECT!!
What I like most was something that I wasn't even looking for: The ability to protect your contacts in a strongly encrypted database.
An additional nice features is the ability to create multiple different address books and have different categories and different layouts in each address book. This is a serious bonus for when you use your address book for more than just business and personal contacts (like tracking all of your email address aliases).
Best $8 I've spent in a long time. The app is not cheap, but it is worth it. It may not be the most sophisticated address book program available, but it is the only one I've found that operates separate from Contacts that more than meets the needs of an address book.
Why this app? I was looking for an address book that freed me from the Mac OS Contacts app and its now forced integration of address completion in all apps. It used to be that you could disable autocomplete in Mail, but you no longer can (as of Mail 7.x). Thus, I found this app and it is worth every penny I paid for it. Just simply import all of your Contacts into Private Contacts, archive your Mac OS X Contacts by exporting them (in case you ever want to use the Contacts app again), then delete the Mac OS X Contacts' cards, and no longer are you forced to have to deal with address autocomplete in Mail, Messages, Facetime, etc. (Note: I had some custom fields in Contacts, and those had to be manually updated in Private Contacts, but this was not a major issue.) This is simply the easiest way -- actually, the only way -- I have found to disable address autocomplete in Mac OS X.
Now, just give me an iOS app that integrates with Private Contacts, and I'll be very happy!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 10, 2014
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tension Software s.a.s.
- © 2006-2014 Tension Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor