Private Internet Access VPN
Protect your privacy with Private Internet Access®, the world's leading VPN service for iOS users on iPhone and iPad. Private Internet Access®, or PIA, enables users to encrypt their network traffic and stay protected when online with our proxy servers. Add privacy and security to private and public networks when you browse the Internet and use WiFi, whether connected to a hotspot or at home. High speeds, unlimited bandwidth, connect with 5 devices simultaneously (smartphones, tablets, computers), no traffic logs, and 24/7 professional, native English speaking customer support.
WHY USE VPN FROM PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS®?
• Low price. $3.33 per month if you purchase a yearly account ($39.99/year) or $6.99 on a monthly basis.
• Reliable and trusted VPN provider since 2010 with a proven no log policy.
• Privacy is our Policy. Here at PIA, we not only provide a great VPN service at a low price, but we also support organizations like the Electronic Frontier Foundation, FightForTheFuture, Creative Commons, Open Rights Group, Index on Censorship, freenode, Wireguard, Arch Linux, and many others.
We respect your privacy and anonymity.
BY USING VPN FROM PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS®, YOU GET:
• IP Cloaking. Your IP address will be changed to a Private Internet Access IP address to hide your identity and location. Hide your IP address to stop data trackers, snoopers, and hackers from tracking your browsing and search activity.
• Data Encryption. Encrypt your internet traffic with our VPN proxy. Our trusted online privacy service creates several security layers which keep you anonymous and prevent access to your data. It’s time to change your WiFi habits. Don’t use WiFi without our secure VPN to proxy your internet traffic!
WiFi Security. With WPA and WPA2 now kracked, you need a VPN to protect your WiFi everywhere - not just in hotspots, coffee shops, cafes, hotels, and airports. If you use WiFi hotspots without encryption, your data can be seen, blocked, throttled, censored, or otherwise changed.
• Content Blocker. The Safari Content Blocker blocks ads, trackers, and malware while browsing with Safari.
WHAT DO OUR CUSTOMERS THINK?
“Firstly, the company is second to none in terms of support, troubleshooting, and individualized assistance. Their nodes and hubs are top speed. Their client is streamlined and has a tremendous ease of use.”
“This is my go to app for VPN. Been using Windows version for years and the iPad version is great.”
“No hiccups, no crashes or anything. It just works great. Bear in mind you have to subscribe to the service for this to work. I highly recommend it.”
Scott Loflin, 09/15/2017
“Simple and solid. No issues even when traveling.”
“Love it. Feel safer when browsing the internet.”
“Hard to find a nit with this app. (...) The iOS app allows a quicker toggle on/off than digging into settings, for VPN hostile iOS apps like Pandora and Netflix. I like PIA’s value for the money, and I have not had any trouble whatsoever with the iOS app. I recommend this app, and PIA, as one of your layers of online security.”
DB Associates, 01/27/2017
“I did my homework, reviewing many VPN services. PIA was among the most economical, plenty of simultaneous connections and more than enough servers and services. (...) The speed is more than I hoped for. I can stream all YouTube videos. HD quality is superb with no buffering. I am happy to have this extra security on all our devices. My wife could not tell the difference after I installed it on her PC. I think I paid $39.99/year. What a bargain!”
This application only sends username and encrypted passwords to our servers as part of using this app. During signups, we also collect user's email. We do not collect and/or store any other user information.
- Fixed potential logout on upgrade.
- Added "Automatic" OpenVPN socket type.
- Optimized download speed.
- IPv4 address is now used in case of DNS failure.
- Automatic port now tries all available ports in sequence.
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t know what you guys did on this new update, but now it’s a huge struggle to connect on iPad and iPhone. It’s try...try...try again, over and over and over hoping it will connect. Switching regions is till a 50% chance it will catch. On my Mac Pro it’s produces slow buffering video streaming even at 100mps speed, slow website loading on both Safari and Firefox and major connection issues on iPad and iPhone. Huge disappointment to a customer of 3 years. Sending “slow speed complaint” for the last 3 years weekly has not improved the service at all and is getting very annoying now. This new update put me over the edge to look for a better service. My one year is up in a month and will be looking for a better provider.
**UPDATE** Since the new Mac update recently, everything is running beautifully...connection is flawless on Mac. Connection speed is faster, disconnection speed is also faster. The new design is great and have had no problems with this new Mac update. So CHEERS to the nice job. What ever you did to the Mac update needs to be done with iPhone and iPad update. Connection problems still arise when connecting to Canada and Mexico on iPad and iPhone even after iPhone PIA update. I use them because of the lower MS numbers. Thank you for fixing the Mac issues. Here’s hoping fixes will come to iPad and iPhone issues.
I am sorry to hear about the connection issues you were experiencing! If you still require assistance with this please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as ATTN:SMR and we'd be more than happy to assist further. -PIA CS Team
Update 2: Battery problems
Update 2: Connections are working pretty well now so the problems associated with my Update 1 are no longer issues. I like the addition of OpenVPN as an alternative to IPSec. So, connections are good, speed is generally good, but the app now eats up 50+ percent of my battery in a given day. Not totally sure what that is about but I can have my phone in my pocket all day (and not really use it much) and by the end of the day, I’m completely out of battery.
Update 1: Problems are back! Loss of vpn connection is way too common. It gets locked in this cycle of trying to reconnect forever, and you have to exit the app and start over. Sometimes you have to restart your phone to get it working again. Automatic connection leads to countries on the other side of the world with massive latency problems. Really wish they did not update the app.
First review: While I have had problems in the past, I think this latest update is a significant improvement. I think the company is moving in the right direction and is one of the best VPN clients available.
Travel a lot? Use this.
I’ll put it simply, the PIA price point is on target. I have been running it head to head with F-Secure, with PIA being less in price. PIA only suffers from the occassional slow down. So much that I have to toggle off during a VOIP call or while searching for something online. But this happens not very often. I don’t think the competition is perfect either and I’m probbaly being too picky. Also, this isn’t a review of the desktop version, and that is where you will see any performance degredations much easier. PIA is great because it circumvents censorship while travelling ir redirexting your requests to local versions of news stations. When I want US news abroad, this will get me what I need. Are you using Hotel wifi? You need to be Protected. The website covers the rest of the benefits, but again, this product is a must have for a traveller. Compare, let them compete. PIA is worth the money.
- London Trust Media Incorporated
- 23.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 London Trust Media, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Month of VPN Service $6.99
- Year of VPN Service $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.