Prizmo 3 - Scanning, OCR & Speech
By Creaceed SPRL
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Prizmo 3 is a scanning application with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in over 40 languages with powerful editing capability, text-to-speech, and iCloud support.
No matter what capture device's at hand, Prizmo is the key for scanning and performing OCR. It works with pictures taken with your iPhone, iPad, or digital camera, with documents coming from connected or Wi-Fi scanners, even with screenshots! It will help you easily scan any documents (invoices, receipts, boards, giant advertisements...) of any sizes (US Letter, US Legal, A4, and custom)...
"My results were great, and it could definitely act as my only scanner. But, it really isn’t only a scanner, it can be used on anything. If you see a movie poster or an ad that you like, and would like to have documented, just take a picture, and Prizmo will help you with perspective, cropping and everything else." (by Joe Turner - MacApper)
New OS X Yosemite Features
• Revamped user interface taking advantage of Yosemite's translucency and vibrancy
• Handoff support for offering simple interactions between your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
• 2 extensions available from other apps: Crop & Cleanup, Recognize Text
• Support for third-party exports
• Specific Processing for Business Cards, Multipage Texts and Images
• Input File Formats: regular photo files including JPEG, RAW, TIFF, as well as PDF files (even multipage)
• Input Options: digital cameras (iPhone, iPad, DSLRs...), camera tethering, connected and Wi-fi scanners, screenshots, snap any text from your screen
• State-of-the-Art OCR Technology in 40 Languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
• Detection of 3 Types of Regions: texts, images and numbers
• OCR Editing and Correction: add, delete, merge and reorder regions on the one hand, edit text for correcting mistakes on the other hand
• Automatic Frame Detection: lay the page, snap it, and let Prizmo handle the cropping
• Automatic Text Orientation Detection
• Perspective Correction to Compensate Camera Point of View
• Non-linear Lens Distortion Correction
• Page Curvature Correction for Books and Magazines
• Real-time OCR Results: moving/resizing region frames immediately updates text results
• Resolution Increase: image enhancement allows OCR results where OCR is generally not even thinkable
• Output Formats: image files (JPEG, PNG, TIFF), and text files (PDF with Spotlight-searchable text, RTF, TXT) - even multipage!
• Prizmo Document Sharing across Macs through iCloud (native documents only)
• Export to the Evernote, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and WebDAV Online Services
• Online Translation into 41 Languages
• Accessibility Feedback for the OCR Processing (blank, blurry image, etc.)
• Text-to-Speech for Reading Scanned Texts: over 70 high-quality voices in 26 languages with navigation settings and interactive reading progress display (available for free in OS X Preferences)
• Extensions: Crop & Cleanup, Recognize Text
• Handoff support
• Enhanced for the Retina Display.
Prizmo 3 - Pro Pack
If you process many text documents, you’ll be interested in the Pro Pack. It is available as in-app purchase, and includes the following additional features:
• Batch Document Processing
• Automator Action for automatically performing OCR as a workflow action or smart folder
• Custom Export Scripts for integrating Prizmo in enterprise workflows using custom Unix scripts and AppleScripts.
If you need fast friendly help, or if you want to send your feedback, contact us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.1.6
- Added new menu items in the Page menu: 'Select All Pages', 'Recognize All Pages', and 'Recognize Selected Pages'. These menus have keyboard shortcuts and should be particularly useful for Voice Over users.
- Better readability when 'Increase Contrast' is enabled in OS X Accessibility Preferences (OS X El Capitan only). When enabled, the bottom toolbar uses high-contrast colors and larger font, and larger region number labels in the text editor.
- Fixed the page curvature correction feature that would not work on El Capitan (no effect).
- Fixed the appearance of the bottom toolbar when 'Increase Contrast' is enabled in OS X Accessibility Preferences.
- Fixed a bug that could display a wrong value for the 'Prepare/Develop' button in the toolbar.
- Fixed UI glitches when using the Snap Screen Text feature.
Awful product does not work!
Each time I check recognize the program closes. The help tab was not helpful (I checked for updates and restarted the mac). I want a refund
Fantastic scanning and OCR app
I’m really into digitizing all my stuff right now, and I’ve used this app to scan many books, magazines, and other miscellaneous odds and ends for years. So far it’s never failed to work extremely well. I scan directly to it from my USB scanner, and the scans come out crystal clear gorgeous. I especially like the gutter correction feature for books and magazines, and the software’s specific image adjustment feature for different types of scanned materials. For example, it has a specific image adjustment for when I’m scanning magazines, and the results look fanastic - it virtually eliminates the image on the other side of the thin magazine page from showing through. A similar image adjustment for scanned books makes them look almost like a page typed out in Word, instead of a photocopied scan. All in all this app works really well for my needs and I hope it’s around for a long time! I also have their matching iOS app, which works well due to their tight iCloud integration. I mostly use my Mac to scan things, but it’s handy having the companion app for quickly scanning receipts and such on the go with my iPhone’s camera. If I scan something on one device, it’s immediately visible in all the others, which is really neat.
As for OCR, of course any software won’t get 100% of the text right, especially if the original scan wasn’t so great, but after not being successful at getting apps such as Adobe and Abby to work at all on my Mac, I couldn’t believe how well this one worked for me. After scanning, it usually takes no longer than 5-10 minutes to recognize one of my books (usually roughly 100-200 pages). The results vary depending on the original font, scan quality, etc, but it’s usually pretty good. The devs here have definitely done a great job with this and I believe in recognizing a job well done when I see it, hence this review. :)
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 15, 2016
- Version: 3.1.6
- Size: 31.2 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Creaceed SPRL
- © 2009-2015 Creaceed SPRL
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Prizmo Pro Pack$24.99