Prizmo 3 - Scanning, OCR & Speech
By Creaceed SPRL
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
***Black Friday Sale: 50% off***
Prizmo 3 is a scanning application with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in over 40 languages with powerful editing capability, text-to-speech, and iCloud support.
No matter what capture device's at hand, Prizmo is the key for scanning and performing OCR. It works with pictures taken with your iPhone, iPad, or digital camera, with documents coming from connected or Wi-Fi scanners, even with screenshots! It will help you easily scan any documents (invoices, receipts, boards, giant advertisements...) of any sizes (US Letter, US Legal, A4, and custom)...
"My results were great, and it could definitely act as my only scanner. But, it really isn’t only a scanner, it can be used on anything. If you see a movie poster or an ad that you like, and would like to have documented, just take a picture, and Prizmo will help you with perspective, cropping and everything else." (by Joe Turner - MacApper)
New OS X Yosemite Features
• Revamped user interface taking advantage of Yosemite's translucency and vibrancy
• Handoff support for offering simple interactions between your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
• 2 extensions available from other apps: Crop & Cleanup, Recognize Text
• Support for third-party exports
• Specific Processing for Business Cards, Multipage Texts and Images
• Input File Formats: regular photo files including JPEG, RAW, TIFF, as well as PDF files (even multipage)
• Input Options: digital cameras (iPhone, iPad, DSLRs...), camera tethering, connected and Wi-fi scanners, screenshots, snap any text from your screen
• State-of-the-Art OCR Technology in 40 Languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
• Detection of 3 Types of Regions: texts, images and numbers
• OCR Editing and Correction: add, delete, merge and reorder regions on the one hand, edit text for correcting mistakes on the other hand
• Automatic Frame Detection: lay the page, snap it, and let Prizmo handle the cropping
• Automatic Text Orientation Detection
• Perspective Correction to Compensate Camera Point of View
• Non-linear Lens Distortion Correction
• Page Curvature Correction for Books and Magazines
• Real-time OCR Results: moving/resizing region frames immediately updates text results
• Resolution Increase: image enhancement allows OCR results where OCR is generally not even thinkable
• Output Formats: image files (JPEG, PNG, TIFF), and text files (PDF with Spotlight-searchable text, RTF, TXT) - even multipage!
• Prizmo Document Sharing across Macs through iCloud (native documents only)
• Export to the Evernote, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and WebDAV Online Services
• Online Translation into 41 Languages
• Accessibility Feedback for the OCR Processing (blank, blurry image, etc.)
• Text-to-Speech for Reading Scanned Texts: over 70 high-quality voices in 26 languages with navigation settings and interactive reading progress display (available for free in OS X Preferences)
• Extensions: Crop & Cleanup, Recognize Text
• Handoff support
• Enhanced for the Retina Display.
Prizmo 3 - Pro Pack
If you process many text documents, you’ll be interested in the Pro Pack. It is available as in-app purchase, and includes the following additional features:
• Batch Document Processing
• Automator Action for automatically performing OCR as a workflow action or smart folder
• Custom Export Scripts for integrating Prizmo in enterprise workflows using custom Unix scripts and AppleScripts.
If you need fast friendly help, or if you want to send your feedback, contact us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.1.4
Fixes for OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
Fabulous and Pretty Accurate OCR Application
I’ve used Prizmo on my Mac and iPads for several years. I’m glad to see this latest version that makes the app function correctly on El Capitan.
At first glance Prizmo may seem like your run of the mill OCR application. However, a thorough examination of its capabilities places it heads above competing products I own and have used.
Being available on both the Mac and iOS devices, and having iCloud connectivity, makes it possible to access documents between platforms.
Interfacing with iOS device cameras and Mac scanners makes input quick and easy; and images stored in the Photos application can be accessed as well. You can snap photos of pages with your iPhone or iPad (or even take iDevice screen captures) and then access those in Prizmo for Mac to process them.
A feature I didn’t know about until a while ago is the ability to click an icon in the menu bar while Prizmo is running, then draw a rectangle around text in any application and have it OCRd and copied to the clipboard. This has made it extremely convenient to OCR information on the fly from other applications that are not enabled for copying text—like magazines or books that are images rather than copyable text.
All in all I have to say that I’ve more than gotten my money’s worth out of this application since I bought it.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 02, 2015
- Version: 3.1.4
- Size: 31.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Creaceed SPRL
- © 2009-2015 Creaceed SPRL
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Prizmo Pro Pack$12.99