Prizmo - Scanning, OCR, and Speech
By Creaceed SPRL
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Prizmo 4 for iOS is now available with improved design and workflow, alongside brand new iOS 8 features!
Prizmo is a universal photo-based scanner app that lets you scan and recognize text documents, business cards, and images, and then export them as PDF/Text, vCard, or JPEG/PNG. Prizmo relies on state-of-the-art technologies, like a highly accurate OCR, real-time page detection, and beautiful image cleanup. Using iCloud, you can even shoot the picture on your iPhone, and finish editing on your iPad or Mac. All of this in an elegant and intuitive user experience.
Prizmo is made for everyone, and is thus fully compatible with VoiceOver. It provides voice guidance to help position your iPhone when taking document pictures, and will find the text orientation automatically if it's turned left, right or upside down. Prizmo's quick capture mode provides a fast path from picture to speech synthesis for an improved workflow, and it provides a high-quality voice reader (individual voices available as in-app purchases).
** New iOS 8 Features **
• Handoff support for offering simple interactions between your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
• iOS 8 Documents support to import images and export results to any installed cloud services (including iCloud Drive)
• 1 extension available from the built-in Photos app: Crop & Cleanup
• 3 extensions (or Actions) available from other apps: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
** Specific Document Processing **
• Text Documents - Use interactive text recognition and editing, and avoid retyping the text.
• Business Cards - Extract information (first and last names, company, job title, phone numbers, email, website, address) to create contacts on the phone or share them as vCard
• Images - Capture, improve, and share any images (whiteboards, ads, paintings...)
** Key Features **
• Input Options: iPhone’s camera, import from the Photo Album, import images or PDFs from other apps
• Image processing: rotation, crop, perspective correction, image cleanup (remove uneven lighting, paper texture)...
• Improved OCR preprocessing for better recognition results
• Highly accurate OCR technology in 40+ languages
• No Internet connection required for image processing and performing OCR. No confidential data sent
• Text-to-speech available through in-app purchases: 65 high-quality voices in 20 languages for reading scanned texts
• Many export options and formats: resulting image/PDF/vCard can be sent by mail, or to any other app like Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive...
• Text translation available in 40+ languages (using Microsoft translation web service)
• iOS 8 Extensions: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
• Handoff support
• Full 64-bit support
** Requirements **
• Universal application (iPhone, iPad) requiring iOS 8 or higher.
• Any iPhone or iPad with at least a 5-MP camera (iPhone 4S and newer models, iPad 3 and newer models, iPad mini).
** More info & Feedback **
More information is available at http://www.creaceed.com/iprizmo/about
You can contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 4.1.1
- Localized to Spanish
- Added a "Rename" item to the contextual menu (long press on document). Tip: you can also rename a document by tapping its filename.
- Added compatibility with iCloud Photo Library in Prizmo's image picker.
- Fixed issues that could prevent voice and OCR data downloads.
- Fixed a bug affecting captureText x-callback-url action that would ignore user-edited text.
- Fixed corrupt toolbar on iPad (capture text mode).
- Fixed other minor UI issues.
The future is here! 👍🏽😄 ❤️
5+ stars for this app which does what so many of you take for granted — it reads AND understands printed text! Oh stop griping about what it doesn't do, or doesn't do well, and give them 5 stars🌟 for the incredible work they've done on this app!
I just took a business card that I got today and was going to manually enter the contact information into my Contacts. Then I remembered the Prizmo app that I downloaded recently, and thought that I would give it a try. Prizmo successfully scanned and recognized all of the text on the card and then saved it in vCard format for import into my Contacts.
This saved me some time now, but I am looking forward to it saving me even more time AND effort in the future! With the help of Prizmo, the possibilities for saving time and effort are endless. I highly recommend that you try this app.
One thing to keep in mind is that it does have a little bit of a learning curve, so you will need to take some time to learn it, but once you do you will be glad you did. 😃
An amazing app
I wanted an app that would let me snap a picture of a letter or other piece of mail and quickly read it aloud for me. This app does that.I haven't explored all the other functions, but this app amazingly lets me read my mail on my own. I have some other OCR apps, but Prizmo is the best.
Works well, support weak
The app works very well most of the time, but does crash repeatedly at times when adding pages to a file and has lost entire files after renaming them. I contacted customer support about the latter problem, but they are not dependable. I use this app all the time.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 16, 2015
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 55.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Creaceed SPRL
- © 2010-2015 Creaceed SPRL
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Heather - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Ryan - US English Male Voice$2.99
- Laura - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Tracy - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Rachel - UK English Female Voice$2.99
- Peter - UK English Male Voice$2.99
- Graham - UK English Male Voice$2.99
- Lucy - UK English Female Voice$2.99
- Will - US English Male Voice$2.99
- Rosa - US Spanish Female Voice$2.99