Prizmo - Scanning, OCR, and Speech
By Creaceed SPRL
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Prizmo 4 for iOS is now available with improved design and workflow, alongside brand new features!
Prizmo is a universal photo-based scanner app that lets you scan and recognize text documents, business cards, and images, and then export them as PDF/Text, vCard, or JPEG/PNG. Prizmo relies on state-of-the-art technologies, like a highly accurate OCR, real-time page detection, and beautiful image cleanup. Using iCloud, you can even shoot the picture on your iPhone, and finish editing on your iPad or Mac. All of this in an elegant and intuitive user experience.
Prizmo is made for everyone, and is thus fully compatible with VoiceOver. It provides voice guidance to help position your iPhone when taking document pictures, and will find the text orientation automatically if it's turned left, right or upside down. Prizmo's quick capture mode provides a fast path from picture to speech synthesis for an improved workflow, and it provides a high-quality voice reader (individual voices available as in-app purchases).
** New Features **
• Handoff support for offering simple interactions between your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
• Documents support to import images and export results to any installed cloud services (including iCloud Drive)
• 1 extension available from the built-in Photos app: Crop & Cleanup
• 3 extensions (or Actions) available from other apps: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
** Specific Document Processing **
• Text Documents - Use interactive text recognition and editing, and avoid retyping the text.
• Business Cards - Extract information (first and last names, company, job title, phone numbers, email, website, address) to create contacts on the phone or share them as vCard
• Images - Capture, improve, and share any images (whiteboards, ads, paintings...)
** Key Features **
• Input Options: iPhone’s camera, import from the Photo Album, import images or PDFs from other apps
• Image processing: rotation, crop, perspective correction, image cleanup (remove uneven lighting, paper texture)...
• Improved OCR preprocessing for better recognition results
• Highly accurate OCR technology in 40+ languages
• No Internet connection required for image processing and performing OCR. No confidential data sent
• Text-to-speech available through in-app purchases: 65 high-quality voices in 20 languages for reading scanned texts
• Many export options and formats: resulting image/PDF/vCard can be sent by mail, or to any other app like Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive...
• Text translation available in 40+ languages (using Microsoft translation web service)
• Extensions: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
• Handoff support
• Full 64-bit support
** Requirements **
• Universal application (iPhone, iPad) requiring iOS 8 or higher.
• Any iPhone or iPad with at least a 5-MP camera (iPhone 4S and newer models, iPad 3 and newer models, iPad mini).
** More info & Feedback **
More information is available at http://www.creaceed.com/iprizmo/about
You can contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 4.1.5
Fixed a bug preventing the installation of optional OCR language packs.
This is a really good program which I use for researching and daily work. It is real helpful for pulling off text from pictures taken by phone.
Also some companies send me proposals which are images, so I have to manually retype the language on to a master quote, which is a pain.
Funny thing, it frequently works better than the PC OCR programs. It has the ability to set up selected paragraphs, set up the proper flow for 2 and three column reports, and save images as an image.
The only thing I would improve is to have the ability of setting up a template that would exclude extraneous header / footer data.
After a year, still no split-screen and iCloud Drive support
I really like the functionality of this app. It's got best-in-class scanning functionality and even has hand-off support between devices!
However, after using this app for over a year, I have yet to see creaceed add in split-screen and iCloud Drive support. I can't save .pzdoc files out to iCloud Drive or other storage providers, and then open them in place. I also can't open this app up next to other apps.
I hope they add this functionality in soon. If they had this functionality, my review would be 5 stars
Hit and miss sometimes, but very accurate when it detects page
As long as you're only scanning text in a regular alphabet, it does well. If you scan ANYTHING with symbols, be sure to exclude those symbols first.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 09, 2016
- Version: 4.1.5
- Size: 73.2 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Creaceed SPRL
- © 2010-2015 Creaceed SPRL
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Heather - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Ryan - US English Male Voice$2.99
- Tracy - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Laura - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Rachel - UK English Female Voice$2.99
- Peter - UK English Male Voice$2.99
- Graham - UK English Male Voice$2.99
- Lucy - UK English Female Voice$2.99
- Will - US English Male Voice$2.99
- Rod - US English Male Voice$2.99