MiraTrex PRO CHARTS™ is a powerful, yet easy-to-use marine navigation solution. Whether you’re a fisherman, weekend cruiser, sailor, jet-skier, or an offshore captain needing to find an exact location hundreds of miles offshore, PRO CHARTS™ will get you there and back home safely – with nothing more than your iPhone or iPad.
The free evaluation version displays standard satellite, road, and hybrid maps. An in-app subscription purchase of $2.99/mo or $29.99/yr includes nautical charts, navigational features, and frequent app upgrades.
• High-resolution nautical chart coverage for all U.S. coastal areas, the Great Lakes, major U.S. river systems, and Brazil plus global high-level nautical charts. Charts are automatically updated every 7 days based on NOAA chart corrections. Specialty charts for Mexico available via In-App Purchase
• Easy one-touch Waypoint and Route creation. Pre-plan your routes at home or create them at sea with equal ease. Just touch the screen to create new waypoints and routes.
• Find your friends on the water. With our new Buddy-tracking feature, you can see and meet up with your friends while you’re out on the water. If you’re on your secret spot and don’t want to be seen, you can hide your location with the touch of a button.
• Stay safe. Easily create and send a Float Plan of your trip to a friend or family member. Your Float Plan and location history can be forwarded to search and rescue personnel in case of an emergency.
• Easy point-and-steer navigation. The red heading bug on the large on-screen compass always directs you to the next point on your route. Navigation is as easy as pointing your boat at the heading bug to stay on course.
• No Network. No Problem. PRO CHARTS™ is designed so no internet connection is required to view your charts while out on the water. You simply download in advance any charts you’ll need at sea with the touch of a button.
• Record your tracks. Track your position in real-time and later view your track history.
• Fully indexed point of interest (POI) database including weather, aids to navigation (markers and lights), obstructions, tides, currents, your buddies, and more.
One year - $29.99
Monthly - $2.99
-Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
-Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
-You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
-You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in the Apple Settings app after purchase.
-No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
-Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Though PRO CHARTS™ will function without a GPS as a chart reader, a GPS-enabled device is required for point-to-point navigation. Third-party Bluetooth GPS units are available to enable GPS for iOS devices such as WiFi-only iPads that do not include a GPS receiver. For offline use where no Internet connection is available, charts must be pre-cached while still on-line and connected, any charts downloaded while online will be available for offline use.
Bug Fixes & Performance Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Simple charts review
Very impressed with the app. We have taken it along on a handful of trips down the ICW from southern VA to Key Largo. The instruments panel including location, speed, distance, etc has matched my garmin installed onboard in every instance that they were side by side. Love the detail in the raster charts rather than the electronic charts on the garmin much more appealing to look at. My wife and I really enjoyed the course export functionality that allowed us to share our course with friends which has come in handy.
Really like the app and have already gotten more than $10 worth of enjoyment out of it. Hopefully the developers will continue to add new features. We requested several features which we would find useful and think others on the water would as well. They stated that they would be adding these features to a list of enhancements they have planned so time will tell if they get added.
simple charting app review...
Over the past few months I have tinkered with several charting apps available ranging from free to upwards of $30 and I have come to the conclusion that simple charts is by far the easiest to use and most complete app available. The app is the perfect compliment to my onboard system and functions smoothly as I go in and out of cellular or Internet service. As the name indicates is fairly easy to operate and the learning curve is low as I compare it to most of the others. The feature set is much more than I anticipated and caters very well to my needs. The documentation is on the light side but I found the FAQ section useful, the support email allowed me to contact the developers and get the remaining questions I had answered. I was pleasantly surprise at the quick turnaround on the email and the tone and level of detail provided led me to believe they actually cared. highly recommended.
great no hassle simple charting app
This thing is perfect for fishing and cruising it is stupid simple to pick up and figure out how to use. From the start it was able to accurately plot my location on the chart, I was able to clearly see the NOAA charts for my area (south Florida), I was able to easily add waypoints to the chart for where I wanted to be.
I noticed that the speed and location seemed to be right on and the apps calculation of when it thought I would arrive at my next location was relatively accurate and seemed to update itself as I changed speed or course.
I used the app over the past weekend strictly on my iPhone and decide to purchase for my iPad and was pleasantly surprised to find out that I would not be charged for the second copy which made the purchase well worth it as I essentially paid $5 per device.
Other top notch features I found particularly interesting was the ability to adjust how transparent the NOAA charts were so you could get where all you could see was the NOAA chart or add in the satellite imagery in the background just visible enough to add a great deal of detail.
The topographical maps are not the best but I can't penalize them for it as it is a marine charting app but if they added higher detail topo charts the app would be highly useful as a hiking app as well.
This app is well worth the price.
- MiraTrex, Inc
- 60.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2017 MiraTrex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Auto Renewing Subscription $2.99
- 1 Year Auto Renewing Subscription $29.99
- Mexico - Sea of Cortez $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.