Pro Metronome - Tempo Keeping with Beat, Subdivision and Polyrhythm for Musicians
By Xiao Yixiang
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pro Metronome - The best metronome app. Period.
Featured in Apple's WWDC 2014 showcase "Apps We Can't Live Without."
Pro Metronome is a powerful tool that helps you master both daily practice and stage performance. It has redefined how more than 4 million people sync to a beat. At the heart of the app lies our extremely precise, studio-quality metronome which we've refined even further with 3.13.
The free version is packed with features. We feature 13 different metronome tones including even a voice option. Running our newest RTP (Real-Time Playback) technology, our metronome clocks an accuracy of ±20μs.
Pro Metronome is all about customization. Change beat tones, accents, and even the dynamics of your rhythm ("f", "mf", "p" and "mute"). The Pro Version unlocks even more features including subdivisions and polyrhythm settings. Create complex patterns with triplets, dotted notes and non-standard time signatures.
The app supports several ways to experience beats. The free version of the app includes sound, but upgrading to Pro enables Visual, Flash, Vibrate and Airplay Modes. Visual and Vibrate Modes are great when you're playing loud instruments or when you need to FEEL the beat. Flash Mode uses the device's camera flash to sync up the entire band easily. You can even use Airplay Mode to beam the metronome to a projector or Apple TV!
Pro Metronome doesn't just help you keep time, it also helps you train. Pro Metronome built the Rhythm Trainer which mutes a selected bar in the beat, allowing your brain to fill in the gap and thus train your innate sense of timing. It's a simple, heavily requested idea not found in any other app to date.
Pro Metronome also supports a host of secondary features: background play mode, in-app volume adjust and even the ability to save song/tempo playlists to share with friends. It's a powerful, elegant and intuitive app - a must for the modern musician.
Pro Metronome Basic Features:
* Intuitive, ad-free interface even in the free version
* Dynamic time signature settings
* 13 different time-keeping styles, including a counting voice
* Dynamic accent settings, including f, mf, p, and mute indicators
* Tap in your own BPM
* Color Mode – see the beats graphically displayed on screen
* Pendulum Mode, for visual feedback
* Power-Saving/Background Modes – works in lock screen, home, or in another app
* In-app volume adjustment
* Extreme precision (±20μs) using RTP (Real Time Playback) technology
* Timer to help you keep track of your session
* Tone generators
* Landscape Mode for increased resolution
* Universal app – supported on iPhone, iPod and iPad
* Audiobus support
* Apple Watch support
Pro Features include:
* Sensory aids: LED/Screen Flash Mode (iPhone 4 and above) and vibration (only available for iPhones)
* Subdivisions including triplets, dotted notes, and many more
* Polyrhythms – stack two rhythm tracks on top of each other
* Programmable playlists – save and load your favorite settings
* Dual Screen Mode using AirPlay (requires iPhone 4s/iPad2 and above)
* Wirelessly playlists sharing
* Rhythm Trainer – helps to develop your steady beats
* Stage Mode – the indispensable companion for performing musicians.
* Practice Mode – allows you to programme automatic tempo change to suit your practice regime.
EUMLab helps unleash your musical talent! With pioneering technology, EUMLab create sleek, beautiful products for both the professional and novice musician alike.
Find out more about us: EUMLab.com
Follow us on Twitter/Facebook: @EUMLab
Questions? Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch our videos: eum.io/eumvideo
What's New in Version 3.13.2
Hey guys, the Pro Metronome app is becoming more powerful!
1. Programmable playlist is now available
2. Now you can choose the timing to switch songs in playlist, on touch or on next downbeat
3. Optimized the appearance of playlist interface
4. Settings can be configured manually with clearer interface
5. Added tone generator feature
6. Optimized the experience in Stage Mode
7. Volume control is easier now
8. Fixed bug for the watch app
9. Now you can purchase separate in-App-Purchase features as you like
10. Supported traditional Chinese language
In-App Purchases Notification bug
I downloaded this app just recently because I wasn't satisfied with my other metronome app, and let me just say it blows it out of the water. Just one problem...
On my phone, I have In-App Purchases disabled, because most apps I go onto love to flood you with In-App Purchases, which wasn't a problem since I disabled it. ...Until now. When I boot up the app (every single time, even when multi-tasking), I always get two of the same message: "Oops! Device not authorized for In-App Purchase. You must enable it in System Settings." I didn't mind it at first, but EVERY time I refer to a song and come back, it gives me the same notice again, and again, and again, until I delete the app, actually adjust the settings (which I adjusted years ago and can't remember how to fix nor will fix), or wait until the next update. This app has a lot of potential, so I'm hoping the review to fix this bug comes out soon.
Best Mobile Alternative to Dr. Beat
I love the different ways to keep time (visually, aurally). The programmable aspect is great too; you can get through an entire piece without having to stop and adjust the tempo with this feature. The ways you can change the tempo using the dial, typing in a number, or by tapping is excellent. The practice mode is great because it allows you to set the tempo for a certain amount of time at a percentage of the goal speed. It allows my students to structure their slow practice and to actually understand how long they've been practicing a passage at that tempo. Great app. Could write more but it would look ridiculous.
Must-Have for Musicians
I got this app initially to help with my practicing. Soon after, I got the pro version because I was so satisfied with the free version. The pro version is great because it allows you to set tempo markings to change after a certain amount of measures. The pro version also has a feature to help you keep the beat on your own by muting the metronome for a couple measures at a time. I cannot say enough good things about this app. Totally worth the money.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 3.13.2
- Size: 71.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Xiao Yixiang
- ©2014 EUMLab, Xanin Tech. GmbH. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Version$2.99
- Practice mode$0.99
- Rhythm Trainer$0.99
- Vibrate, Flash and AirPlay$0.99
- Customizable tone generator$0.99