Pro Metronome - Tempo Keeping with Beat, Subdivision and Polyrhythm for Musicians
By Xiao Yixiang
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pro Metronome - The best metronome app. Period.
Featured in Apple's WWDC 2014 showcase "Apps We Can't Live Without."
Pro Metronome is a powerful tool that helps you master both daily practice and stage performance. It has redefined how more than 4 million people sync to a beat. At the heart of the app lies our extremely precise, studio-quality metronome which we've refined even further with 3.13.
The free version is packed with features. We feature 13 different metronome tones including even a voice option. Running our newest RTP (Real-Time Playback) technology, our metronome clocks an accuracy of ±20μs.
Pro Metronome is all about customization. Change beat tones, accents, and even the dynamics of your rhythm ("f", "mf", "p" and "mute"). The Pro Version unlocks even more features including subdivisions and polyrhythm settings. Create complex patterns with triplets, dotted notes and non-standard time signatures.
The app supports several ways to experience beats. The free version of the app includes sound, but upgrading to Pro enables Visual, Flash, Vibrate and Airplay Modes. Visual and Vibrate Modes are great when you're playing loud instruments or when you need to FEEL the beat. Flash Mode uses the device's camera flash to sync up the entire band easily. You can even use Airplay Mode to beam the metronome to a projector or Apple TV!
Pro Metronome doesn't just help you keep time, it also helps you train. Pro Metronome built the Rhythm Trainer which mutes a selected bar in the beat, allowing your brain to fill in the gap and thus train your innate sense of timing. It's a simple, heavily requested idea not found in any other app to date.
Pro Metronome also supports a host of secondary features: background play mode, in-app volume adjust and even the ability to save song/tempo playlists to share with friends. It's a powerful, elegant and intuitive app - a must for the modern musician.
Pro Metronome Basic Features:
* Intuitive, ad-free interface even in the free version
* Dynamic time signature settings
* 13 different time-keeping styles, including a counting voice
* Dynamic accent settings, including f, mf, p, and mute indicators
* Tap in your own BPM
* Color Mode – see the beats graphically displayed on screen
* Pendulum Mode, for visual feedback
* Power-Saving/Background Modes – works in lock screen, home, or in another app
* In-app volume adjustment
* Extreme precision (±20μs) using RTP (Real Time Playback) technology
* Timer to help you keep track of your session
* Universal app – supported on iPhone, iPod and iPad
* Audiobus support
* Apple Watch support
Pro Version Features include:
* Landscape Mode for increased resolution
* Sensory aids: LED/Screen Flash Mode (iPhone 4 and above) and vibration (only available for iPhones)
* Subdivisions including triplets, dotted notes, and many more
* Polyrhythms – stack two rhythm tracks on top of each other
* Favorite Mode – save and load your favorite settings
* Dual Screen Mode using AirPlay (requires iPhone 4s/iPad2 and above)
* Wirelessly share presets and playlists
* Rhythm Trainer – helps to develop your steady beats
* Stage Mode – the indispensable companion for performing musicians.
* Practice Mode – allows you to programme automatic tempo change to suit your practice regime.
EUMLab helps unleash your musical talent! With pioneering technology, EUMLab create sleek, beautiful products for both the professional and novice musician alike.
Find out more about us: EUMLab.com
Follow us on Twitter/Facebook: @EUMLab
Questions? Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch our videos: eum.io/eumvideo
What's New in Version 3.13.1
Hey folks. It seem that more and more areas of our everyday lives are being subsumed by technology. Recently we've seen the dawn of new chapter in the digital age, something which previously existed only in science fiction.
We're talking of course about wearables. Have you purchased a new Apple Watch yet? It brings us great pleasure to announce that Pro Metronome will be updated to support this revolutionary product. With the Pro Metronome, your Apple Watch will be transformed into what has been lauded as "the first wearable device for musicians." Here are the updates for version 3.13:
1. Control Pro Metronome through Apple Watch. Change the playback settings and sync your playlists across devices. For the performers out there, you can use the "flash" feature to capture the sense of tempo on stage.
2. New playlist feature. Transfer a list or create one from scratch.
3. New bar counter.
4. Adjustable timer helps you keep track of your sessions.
5. Optimized audio engine for a smoother transaction when switching tempo.
6. Other minor bugs fixed.
[3.13.1 Hot Fix]:
1. Fixed a bug for launching Stage Mode on iOS7.x
2. Fixed a bug for playlist table scrolling
3. Fixed a bug for device rotation in playlist management.
Enjoy! As always, we're always grateful for any comments, suggestions or questions you may have. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com
Your EUMLab team
This is a really great metronome app! It has a really clean layout and allows for easy switching of accents/tempo/note breakdowns. When practicing I often use the 8/16th note breaks, but this really offers so much more with triplets and other common breakdowns, there are so many! Also the polyrhythm comparison sounds are super useful and can help when working on quintuplets or any other odd breakdown. If you are trying to build speed this also has an awesome trainer that speeds up either by time or a number of bars. It's really nice to have so many options. Seriously intuitive interface and basically every practice feature you'd ever need.
This app really helps me with my performance on my music. As a solo flutist, tempos need to be followed very precisely, and when my actual metronome broke I needed a quick replacement and this app works wonders for me and I have decided to just keep this app instead of a new metronome. Great job👍
You wouldn't think a metronome app would be so cool, but this one is. I can intuitively tap a tempo or dial one in, adjust for different time signatures, and accent different beats. Essential as I'm putting together my first album of music. Very cool app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 16, 2015
- Version: 3.13.1
- Size: 70.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Xiao Yixiang
- ©2014 EUMLab, Xanin Tech. GmbH. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Version$2.99