Pro Video Guide
By Moviola Studios
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Moviola’s Pro Video Guide is a detailed, practical resource for those working with current and emerging technologies, whether for standard definition video, high definition (HD), 2K or 4K.
Introducing the Pro Video Guide from the Academy Award winning company Moviola, the #1 professional video training center in Hollywood. If you've found yourself confused by the new formats and standards and how they differ from one another or simply want to expand your knowledge of these subjects further- this app is for you.
* What's Hot in iTunes store both in January and February
* Number 4 paid app in the Reference categories in January
* Used in more than 45 Country's around the globe
"I just bought this app... I'm going to be using this at work all the time (I'm a Post Supervisor), Thanks."
"Moviola Studio's has kicked-off 2010 in style with their Pro Video Guide, a nifty new app that should live on every media-maker's iPhone and iPod Touch." handheldhollywood.com
"Just wanted to let you know, we downloaded your iphone app and think it's really instructive and helpful!"
This app is a must for:
• Editors and assistants
• Event videographers
• Student filmmakers
• Video hobbyists
For creating content for:
• Theatrical films
• Broadcast television
• iPhones and iPods
• YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo
• Blu-ray and DVD authoring
• Advertising and marketing
If you own or use:
• Apple’s Final Cut Pro
• Avid Media Composer
• Adobe Premiere
• Pinnacle Studio
• Sony, RED, Panasonic or JVC cameras
• DSLR cameras like the Canon 5D or 7D
Instead of sorting through long-winded, overly-technical books, or trying to find information scattered across the internet, get answers to your questions in a concise, easy to understand format. The Pro Video Guide contains:
• Library- Custom articles on a myriad of subjects
• Glossary- Contains all the terms you’ve heard and more, and now you’ll know what they mean.
• Organizations- Locate different filmmaking organizations, guilds and unions, online blogs, forums and tutorials.
Get information on subjects like:
• Video formats
• Color spaces
• Aspect ratios
• Cameras like the RED camera
• Compression formats for the web, broadcast and film outputs.
Get answers to questions like these:
• What is 24p?
• What’s the difference between 1080i60 and 1080p24?
• How can you compare HDV vs. AVCHD vs. DVCPRO HD?
• What frame rate should you shoot and how does it affect what you’ll deliver to DVD, Blu-Ray, the web, broadcast or film delivery?
• What’s the difference between recording to a P2 card or to videotape?
• What’s a 3:2 pulldown and why should you care?
• How many channels of audio can you output to an HDCAM SR?
Through the Pro Video Guide you’ll find information on topics like these and many more.
What's New in Version 1.1
Both Horizontal and Vertical Images
Better reading experience
minor bug fixes
No longer works
It used to be a very handy app, but no longer works. It hangs on the opening screen.
Doesn't work at all
I click on the app, title screen displays, and that's it. Nothing happens. Just stays on the title screen. I left it on for 3-4 mins and nothing changed. Nothing happens when you click on it either.
App stays on opening graphic. Need to fix it.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 25, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: J&R Film Company, Inc
- © moviola pro video guide
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.