Proactive Sleep Alarm Clock
By Proactive Life LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Thanks for checking out my app! My name is Daniel Gartenberg and I'm an app developer and PhD student in applied psychology. I've been working on the app for about 5 years now, but am taking a break on it to finish up my PhD work - so I won't be updating it for awhile. In the mean time, I decided to make it free. The app has many of the same features and more of the other alarm clock apps - though sometimes it can be a bit buggy (its just me working on this for now). Hope Proactive Sleep works for you!
The app was once a top 10 applications in the 'Health and Fitness' category in numerous countries, featured on the Early Show, Network TV's Saturday Morning News, Sleep Review Magazine, Gizmodo's top 10 apps of the week, Discoveries and BreakThroughs Inside Science, and recommended by many other websites.
The app is based on the science of sleep. The app is designed to give you information about how much sleep you need and the best times to go to bed and wake up in order to get that amount. Knowing the right time to fall asleep ang go to bed is one of the most important things you can do to help feel more refreshed in the morning.
What makes it a great alarm:
* Snooze feature.
* Nightstand clock.
* Set your alarm and fall asleep to any song in your iTunes.
* Play different songs from your iTunes based on how sleepy you are.
* Gradual wake feature (starts playing relaxing music or sounds 10 minutes before your alarm is set, soothing you to wake in the morning).
* Fall asleep to the soothing ambient sounds included in the app.
* Play the calming sounds (including white noise) throughout the entire night of sleep.
* Vibrate to wake feature (your alarm goes off without disturbing your sleep partner).
How it improves your sleep:
* Your body movements are monitored while you sleep to automatically detect your sleep quality. Simply sleep with your phone on your bed sheets and your sleep quality is tracked.
* By tracking your sleep, you are provided with informative predictions on the best time for you to go to bed and wake-up on the next day.
* Optimal wake-up feature - your alarm goes off within 30 minutes of when it is set based on when you are in a lighter phase of sleep.
* Sleep diary - inspired by the world's top sleep labs, enables you to identify the factors that affect your sleep, such as, productivity, exercise, diet, mood, relaxation, medication, alcohol use, nicotine use, and caffeine use.
* Proactive Equation - allows you to easily identify the factors that affect your sleep and tracks your progress over time.
* Dream Manipulation - phrases or sounds are played when you are most likely to be in a dream state, enabling you to become aware of and take control of your dreams (to Lucid Dream).
* Proactive Game - provides a direct measure of how rested you are after sleeping.
* Information on sleep problems and ways to improve your sleep based on clinically proven behavioral therapy research - including - relaxation training, stimulus control, sleep hygiene intervention, and sleep myth busters.
* Manage and export your personal data to an excel file.
* Share your sleep progress with friends and post your sleep to Facebook.
For people who have sleep problems, Proactive Sleep also includes options to purchase relaxation interventions designed to relax the mind and body, including:
* Muscle Relaxation, using a proven relaxation technique.
* Relaxation Soundtracks, utilizing an innovative system designed to give you a deeper night's sleep, developed by a professional music engineer who has worked with Sheryl Crow and Jimmy Buffet.
What's New in Version 7.0
* Improved interface
* Added optimal wake feature
* Added vibrate to wake feature
* Added playing alarm sounds based on how sleepy you are
* Fixed programming 'bugs'
Please update for IOS 8!
I love this app, but since the IOS 8 update, it hasn't worked the alarm doesn't go off and the white noise stops as soon as my iPad goes to sleep. It keeps track of when you start the timer, and when you turn it off only.
But seriously, this app is great: it's my white noise machine, my alarm clock, and as a bonus, it keeps track of how much sleep I get at night which helps me better decide which days I need a nap. Please fix it so it can do all these things again!
Smart and Effective
I’ve used 2 other alarm clock apps and I think I like this one best- it feels most personalized and I enjoy how it allows me to use my phone’s music for alarms. Overall, I can actually say that I’ve felt a considerable difference in my energy level and ability to focus throughout the workday which is exactly why I downloaded this app in the first place. I’d recommend Proactive Sleep to any individual who is simply looking to increase productiveness and efficiency in their every-day life.
Better sleep… with science!
Awesome app! The underlying science at work here is fascinating and makes this unique among sleep apps, and I noticed a difference in the first week with the "optimum wake" feature of feeling more refreshed and less groggy in the mornings. the built-in ambient music and white noise is a nice touch, as is the ability to play music from your iTunes library. Highly recommended!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 04, 2013
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 21.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Proactive Life LLC
- © Proactive Life LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Muscle Relaxation$5.99
- Miracle Sleep System Loop$5.99