Procraster - Overcome Procrastination
By Simen Solbakken
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ever felt overwhelmed or anxious about all you have to do, but things never get done? Procraster helps you fight procrastination, and get things done today!
Procraster’s aim is to make you more productive through:
• Guiding you to overcome blocks to action
• Integrated Timer and Stopwatch
• Track your time usage through charts
• Manage tasks, projects and Areas of Responsibility
Only on the App Store
No hidden costs or in-app purchases
- Optimised for both iPhone and iPad
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support
Featured blocks to action:
- My task is too big
- I don’t know where to start
- I’ve made a mistake
- I have to finish
- I have to be perfect
- GTD® compatible
- Organise by tags and Areas of Responsibility
- Set due and start date with reminders
- Advanced recurring tasks and projects with relative due dates
- Delegate to your contacts
- Change status: active/paused/completed/dropped
- Add notes
- Sequential and parallel projects
- Task and project search
- Instant Cloud Sync (you never have to click sync)
- Sync tasks, projects, stats, areas of responsibility, tags, and rewards with unlimited devices
- No monthly fees
- Procraster helps you quickly choose a task to start on
- Algorithm ranks all tasks based on several criteria
- If you have time left, before leaving let Procraster pick a task for you!
- Integrated with Procraster’s tasks and projects
- Set session and break time
- Define rewards to motivate yourself
- Timer Mode: Get motivated to finish your session
- Stopwatch Mode: Flexible time tracking
- Calendar Integration: Visualise your productive time
- Generate beautiful charts
- Show stats by project, task or area of responsibility
- Compare stats between projects, tasks or Areas of Responsibility
- Customise chart appearance: area, column or line chart
- Get stats by preferred perspective: days, weeks, months or years
- Save or share your charts
Backup and Restore:
- Backup to your Dropbox® account
- Automatic Backup once a day
“Procraster figures out why you’re procrastinating and helps you fix it” – BuzzFeed
“Procraster [is] an app that figures out what’s blocking you from completing your tasks.” – TIME
“One of the apps on my iPhone is the Procraster app. I've found it to be useful as a taskmaster and appreciate how the app zeroes in on why people procrastinate as well as what you can do to overcome blocks to action.” – The Huffington Post
“[Procraster is] a uniquely innovative approach to help you stop procrastinating today!” – appPicker
“Procraster will be the best motivation for you to complete projects” – Business Insider
“Procraster isn't a task list app, it's a project completion app that helps you break down and complete projects in a logical and realistic way that minimises stress” – iMore
“Now you can get your huge projects done in a reasonable way to get all of that stress off your shoulders” – MacMurmur
“Procraster is a very unique approach to managing your necessary tasks that you keep putting off” – AppAdvice
What's New in Version 1.3.1
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Landscape Mode
- Complete tasks before the Timer ends
- 64-bit support
- Restore backup with code from support
- Simplified Chinese
- New Procraster tab
- Rounded iOS 8 buttons
- Bug preventing change of session and break time
- Error when paused and recurring task is made active
- URL Scheme bug
- Spelling errors
- Completed tasks were not removed from the Delegated list
- Misc Procraster Cloud bugs
- Procraster Cloud version control improvement
- Fixed issue where the Timer restarts automatically
- Stability fixes related to database management
- Bug making infinite copies of tasks set to repeat the first day of the month
A tool to get things done!
The developer successfully combined the GTD method and Pomodoro into a useful system of productivity. You are greeted with a elegant interface to enter your tasks. There's a "timer" section which is really a Pomodoro timer. While it doesn't fully follow the Pomodoro method (every 4 Pomodoros you get a 15 minute break). It is easy enough to change.
The task section looks very similar to a standard GTD setup. You have an inbox, next action section, projects and someday folders. If you are familiar with GTD you can hit the ground running with the app. Even if you don't, the app has a wonderful and thorough help section.
So what is the cons? Well, it is only an iOS app. So if you don't own an iPad, it is really annoying to enter all your tasking on an iPhone. Maybe this would be easier if I got an iPhone 6s Plus. But I would hope that the developer makes a web app to easily enter task when you don't have your phone.
Overall the app is wonderful. It may be missing some items like sub list but if task requires sub task it might need to go into the project folder.
Good, with major annoyance
Loved it before the update that made the auto-correct incredibly frustrating. Just tried to type "food". It was impossible because it was changed to "good". Can't type names. The autocorrect is aggressive in it's wrongness.
Also wrote a previous long (kinder) review but was only told after I was done that my nickname was taken. Poor programming and unnecessary frustration for the user. Beginning to wonder if this app is secretly an experiment in his people handle frustration. Will this review be thrown out too? Let's hope not.
Except for a few minor things. The app is not always intuitive, and has a few little bugs, but overall it is excellent and well worth the price of admission to anyone who wants something between a to do list, a timer, and an activity tracker. Even just the anti-procrastination prompts are very helpful! I would love to give it five stars, but this way there's room to improve!
Unifying to UI would be a great start, as would reducing the number of taps required for some actions (e.g. Tagging)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 07, 2015
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 15.9 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Simen Solbakken
- © 2013-2015 Simen Sørbøe Solbakken
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.