Built for creative professionals, Procreate Pocket is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for iPhone. With the power of this complete artist’s toolbox in the palm of your hand, you can create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate Pocket features high-resolution canvases, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the same industry leading Metal engine that powers Procreate for iPad.
The ultra portability of iPhone means that no matter where you are, you can create incredible works of art. The combination of Procreate Pocket’s incredibly responsive brushes and the use of 3D Touch to provide pressure sensitivity with your finger or a stylus lets you create professional artworks whether you’re on the train, on the couch, or in line for coffee. Now with the same revolutionary tools you've come to love on iPad such as freehand and Automatic Selection, multitouch Transform, and Perspective tools, Procreate Pocket gives you the power to take a rough sketch all the way to a finished illustration, enhanced with stunning cinema-quality effects.
With a range of professional quality features never before seen on iPhone, Procreate Pocket has all the power a creative needs in the palm of your hand.
• Features and highlights:
- Powered by Silica-M, the same industry leading Metal engine that powers Procreate for iPad
- 3D Touch for built-in pressure-sensitive painting
- All-new interface designed exclusively for iPhone
- Haptic integration for immersive feedback throughout the app
- Optimized for iPhone X and iOS 11
- Create custom canvas sizes, up to 8K
- Stunning 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPhone's multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
• Over 135 Brushes:
- Packed with the same beautifully-made brush library from Procreate for iPad
- Over 50 customizable settings for every brush
- Support for leading third-party styluses
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom Sets
- Import and export custom brushes and Brush Sets
• Full Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 19 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Color Without Compromise:
- 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide color support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB, HSB, or HEX values for exact color matching
• Amazing filters and adjustments:
- GPU accelerated for lightning speed
- Add exclusive Perspective Blur for incredible results
- Disconcertingly fast Gaussian and Motion Blur filters
- Add Noise to your canvas, or Sharpen your image for perfect clarity
- Adjust Hue, Saturation, or Brightness in stunning real-time
- Powerful image adjustments such as Color Balance, and Image Curves
• Industry Leading Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording, perfect for social networks
- Broadcast your drawing process live with your favorite streaming service
• Extensive Import and Export Options:
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to any connected location, including AirDrop, Files, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Easily share canvases to your iPad to continue creating with a larger screen
This update contains important fixes and optimisations to ensure Procreate remains excellent for everyone.
Ratings and Reviews
Inspiration tends to strike when you least expect it—heck, some of our best ideas come to us in the shower—and Procreate is a dazzling way to snatch sparks of visual genius out of the ether and bring them to life. Behind the app’s slick drawing and painting tools are robust features that you’d expect from a full-fledged illustration package—it even has the ingenious ability to use your Apple Watch as a color palette picker. If a brilliant notion does strike in the shower, though, get out and dry off.
Great, for the mostpart
I recently purchased this app and have been enjoying it so far! I really love the endless possibilities in terms of customizing your brushes and creating your own palettes. However, I’ve been running into one small issue: functionality. The app randomly crashes without warning. It doesn’t freeze, or lag, it just crashes. I never know when it’s coming, so I’m constantly frustrated, having to re-open the app and go back to my artwork over and over. My phone does not have any storage issues, and none of my other apps ever crash like this. I’m concluding it must be an issue with the app itself. I have an iPhone 7. Hopefully this issue is fixed(especially if I’m not the only one having it), because it is a small one, and the app is great otherwise!
Edit: I have updated my phone to see if that would solve the issue, but the app is crashing twice as much now. This is definitely proving to be an issue that I can’t avoid, and I’m afraid I’m going to refrain from using the app until an update is available.
Worst drawing app EVER
Do not buy this app if you are looking to create precise images. In my free time I like to draw chibi and cartoon/manga art on paper and transfer the image digitally, however this app is absolutely ridiculous. Everything is based off a grid and you can not draw a singular straight line to safe your life, at least not all in the same color. It's basically impossible to outline ANYTHING and it's so so so frustrating. The stupid app also picks up original colors as well on new layers, like for instance say you are tracing an image that you made before and this time you'd like the character to have blonde hair instead of black well good freaking luck, the app picks up the original hair color and presto, your hair is now brown even when the color clearly says you are using yellow.. As for outlining, I spent three hours straight on this app just to realize that the black lining of my character was grey or even dark brown in some spots and almost impossible to outline anything tiny without getting at least three grid block colored in as well. You have to tap each individual square to get the color darker. All my eyes look like they have crazy amounts of eyeliner and it's just bs. I'm so sad. Please do not buy this app unless everything you do is by freehand. You are better off using the free paint program on a laptop.
Developer Response ,
Hi Madiilyn - Thanks for your review! We've made some big changes to Procreate Pocket, and we'll be more than happy to help you out with the painting process. It sounds like you may have been having trouble with some of the tools, such as Eyedropper, but we'll be happy to help you out with the new version of Procreate Pocket, including all the new features.
If you'd like some assistance, please email email@example.com and the Support Team will jump in and help out!
Thanks again for the feedback!
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 132.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Savage Interactive
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.