Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 128 incredible brushes, advanced layer system and is powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend color with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro
- Powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Share to any connected cloud storage or social media service
- Canvases up to 8192 x 4096px for iPad Air 2
- Canvases up to 4096 x 4096px for iPad 3+
- Localization for 15 languages
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 128 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Streamlined Interface Designed for iPad:
- Intuitive interface layout enhances your workflow
- Efficient gesture controls built specifically for multitouch
- Procreate’s Gallery keeps your artworks organized
- Delete, duplicate and share with a swipe and a tap
- Light Interface especially made for bright conditions
• Color Without Compromise:
- Stunning 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Exact ColorDrop fills with Reference Layers that won’t damage your line work
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Color Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Relive your Creative Journey with Instant Replay:
- Watch artwork come to life as Procreate repaints every stroke in stunning 1080p
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Export artwork from the canvas, or simply swipe to export or select artwork in the Gallery
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Print directly from Procreate with AirPrint
- Export to or import from any cloud service extension
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG or JPEG
What's New in Version 3.0.6
We’d like to thank everyone who participated in Apps for Earth by purchasing the exclusive Earth brush set, hand-made by Kyle T. Webster. By working together with Apple and WWF, you’ve helped make the world a little bit better.
The iconic Procreate spectrum has returned to your springboard once again, and we’ve also increased the limit on custom brush sets. In fact, the limit does not exist. Try and find it. We dare you.
Also Procreate 3.1 is just around the corner. Packed with features you’ve been asking for, we think you’re going to love it. Watch this space.
Wonderful! A few aspects missing, though.
Overall, it's a beautiful app. I love drawing on procreate-- there's so many options and different tools to choose from, and more are often being added. It's fantastic and surprisingly simple.
Something that it is missing, though, are some tools I thought were nearly common sense- paint bucket and stabilizer. My hand tends to be really shaky, so a stabilizer feature would make everything so much better. I need a paint bucket for obvious reasons-- examples being laying out a base colour, testing out colours before drawing them on, etc etc. I feel as though pain bucket is a very important tool-- just because it's procreate doesn't mean that it's "too good' for it. Some other features, like auto-selecting any area that's surrounded with lines would be my savior.
Thank you for reading! I recommend this app to anyone who likes to draw, it's a tool that is used by professionals, but can be easily understood by beginners, too. Give it a try if you're not sure!
THE BEST!!! Hands Down
Drawing and painting digitally in Procreate is simply amazing! I've been using this app for about a year now and the experience is unparalleled.
At first I used Procreate in an iPad Air 2 but switched to an iPad Pro. Procreate works great with both, the iPad Pro being the better of the two.
The drawing/painting engine is sleek and powerful. I can't even express this enough! I've actually pulled paying illustration projects out of Adobe Photoshop and used Procreate instead because it's blending is lag free and smoother than Photoshop's. That's really saying a lot for an IOS app.
The UI is intuitive and uncluttered. It's brush system is shear genius, allowing the user to create his/her own brushes. I almost exclusively use the brushes that I have created within this amazing app.
I've used just about every single drawing/painting application in the app store and none of them are as good as Procreate!
It's The Best Drawing App I've Had But...
I'll admit: I'm in love with this app. It has many options for brushes and such, it is quite advanced compared to other apps, and has, hands down, the best options for... everything, really.
But, it crashes. A lot. I'm one if those people who can sit down for three hours straight at work on a piece of art. I can't do that with this app. It seems as if I work more than 10 minutes on a piece, the app starts crashing repeatedly, causing me to be unable to work. And sometimes if it crashes in a certain layer, I cannot use that layer anymore and have to create a new one.
Also, when it crashes my tablet sometimes doesn't work. I have to restart my tablet because everything is frozen and nothing will happens if I press buttons or swipe screens. I know for a fact that my tablet is in working order, I believe it is the app that causes this. I may be wrong, but the app does crash a lot.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 25, 2016
- Version: 3.0.6
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015$1.99