Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential.
Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 128 incredible brushes, advanced layer system and is powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend color with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
Procreate 3 has been updated with exciting new features for iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, and iOS 9. There’s over 100 new features; including a gorgeous refined interface, brush engine upgrades, and Quickline: a new tool for straightening strokes.
New in Procreate 3, Early Access lets you purchase exclusive features ahead of time, or you can wait until they are integrated into the next release for free. In Procreate 3, Early Access offers breakthrough tools to add mathematically correct perspective to your art.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro
- Powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Share to any connected cloud storage or social media service
- Canvases up to 8192 x 4096px for iPad Air 2
- Canvases up to 4096 x 4096px for iPad 3+
- Localization for 15 languages
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 128 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Streamlined Interface Designed for iPad:
- Intuitive interface layout enhances your workflow
- Efficient gesture controls built specifically for multitouch
- Procreate’s Gallery keeps your artworks organized
- Delete, duplicate and share with a swipe and a tap
- Light Interface especially made for bright conditions
• Color Without Compromise:
- Stunning 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Exact ColorDrop fills with Reference Layers that won’t damage your line work
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Transform Your Work:
- Efficient transform tool lets you shear, distort and resize selections or layersGot it
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Color Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Relive your Creative Journey with Instant Replay:
- Watch artwork come to life as Procreate repaints every stroke in stunning 1080p
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Export artwork from the canvas, or simply swipe to export or select artwork in the Gallery
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Print directly from Procreate with AirPrint
- Export to or import from any cloud service extension
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG or JPEG
What's New in Version 3.0.1
Procreate 3.0.1 brings significant improvements for stroke accuracy across all iPad models. We've fixed a bunch of things with stroke rendering and painting with styluses too. On top of these vast and excellent changes, we've also fixed some other stuff.
- We've patched a memory leak so no more crashing into icebergs and being left to die by Kate Winslet.
- The response time on the pressure curve was too slow, so we have diverted power from the main deflector to get that extra speed.
- Pressing a stylus button for undo/redo no longer performs the action multiple times.
- The Adonit Jot Script and Jot Script 2 styluses didn't paint at all. They do now.
- You can no longer set your brush size to smaller than a pixel, because it looks bad and should feel bad.
Some of you won't find the issues you've reported to us here, but never fear - this won't be the end of our Procreate 3 improvements. Stay tuned.
I feel like I stole from Si...
... because this app only cost me $5. Considering the cost of desktop apps designed to do the same thing as Procreate, (and many of them not doing it half as well), I feel almost guilty about paying so little for such an amazing tool. I feel like Apple is stealing from Si as well, because they take their 30% cut of every Procreate sale, despite the fact that I've run out of fingers and toes for the number of times I've heard/read an artist say that they bought a iPad specifically (or at least mainly) so that they could use Procreate. There is simply nothing out there - desktop, mobile or otherwise that compares to this app in terms of power and efficiency combined with ease and comfort. The interface is simple, attractive and intuitive, and Si's use of multitouch gestures integrates seamlessly with my workflow. The brush engine is smoothly responsive and does what you would naturally expect, and the brushes themselves are unique and amazing in their behavior and customizability. The smudge tool makes me giddy!! The addition of one more feature would make my happiness complete - the ability to import PSD files. I may decide never to touch Photoshop again, but it IS industry standard and many desktop programs that I DO use (in particular, 3d apps) only export texture projections in PSD. Thanks Si for making such an amazing tool! Now if only hardware (mainly stylii input) could catch up to Procreate's awesomeness!
Triple happy dancing!
Yu's guys, you!
Yes, Yu's guys ... Man!
Very funny with your update info, always a crack-up to read! To learn what you've got in store for us, the whole enchilada!
I don't know if yu's been told but yu's guys are so very much appreciated ... Perfectamundo! (As the Reverend Billy Gibbons named his current release)
Thank you kindly and when do you spect the new guide book to be available for download?
(From last update) This time, for me, the updates seem to have been designed with me in mind! I swear! The changes allow a much more intuitive experience. The skin brushes! Oh man, before they were okay, I just wasn't connecting with them much but I'd use them messing around with their parameters and such but now, it was like it felt me. I found myself experiencing a major jump in technical experience where I look like I know what I'm doing much more now! I love the color wheel too plus being able to pull those colors off the menu and adding it to a much more minute area or even larger now without trying to fill how it was done. I'm grateful for these updates I've always felt I should be more in-tune with procreate and now I am! Plus there's so much more to unlearn as new ways have been made more clearer!
overall love it but needs a few interface fixes
scrolling thru brush icons (sketching painting etc) i want it to be a continous flow but it jumps when it reaches the next 6 and is annoying when im trying to rearrange the categories…for instance you go to the end where theres only one icon left and try to move it to the left and it wont go anywhere because of the way you have designed it….also when importing brushes from itunes you present us with a 4x3 grid which shows no scroll bar so i am wondering why its not showing all the brushes i imported..there needs to be a scroll bar visible and or theres no reason if i am on an ipad pro for you to show 6x4 grid…also i like to clear the entire screen of sketches sometimes and doing the zig zag shortcut is annoying and doesnt always work…please give us something simple like autodesk sketchbook and let us double tap a corner to clear or put a button on the side somewhere…also would like to be able to add flat grid squares like adobe draw does so i dont have to import a grid bkgrd layer….cant wait to see the perspective tool…cant wait to get my apple pencil and start using your app
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 09, 2015
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 87.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015$1.99