Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 128 incredible brushes, advanced layer system and is powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend color with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Over Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9"
- Ultra High Definition canvases up to 8192 x 4096px for iPad Air 2
- Powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Share to any connected cloud storage or social media service
- Advanced Quick Menu for rapid interface interaction
- Localization for 15 languages
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 128 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Streamlined Interface Designed for iPad:
- Intuitive interface layout enhances your workflow
- Efficient gesture controls built specifically for multitouch
- Procreate’s Gallery keeps your artworks organized
- Delete, duplicate and share with a swipe and a tap
- Light Interface especially made for bright conditions
• Color Without Compromise:
- Stunning 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Exact ColorDrop fills with Reference Layers that won’t damage your line work
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Color Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Relive your Creative Journey with Instant Replay:
- Watch artwork come to life as Procreate repaints every stroke in stunning 4K resolution
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Export artwork from the canvas, or simply swipe to export or select artwork in the Gallery
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Print directly from Procreate with AirPrint
- Export to or import from any cloud service extension
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Did you see our latest release? It's not over - here's some more stuff! We've made a bunch of improvements including feature tweaks, memory usage and stability upgrades, as well as heaps of other things.
- The app would crash when you tried to Learn More about Perspective Guide. Contrary to what that might indicate, we'd actually really like you to Learn More. Now you can.
- Sometimes when you selected the option to fit the canvas inside the interface, it actually didn't do that. We've vastly improved this feature to the point where it now actually works.
- We've fixed an issue with the start-point of freehand selections. Closing a freehand selection also now immediately commits the mask.
- Transform downsampling could be unnecessarily severe on newer iPads. This temporary unpleasant visual is now significantly improved.
- When you make a Quickline, you can now snap it to 15-degree increments by adding a finger to the canvas while dragging the Quickline endpoint. This already existed in Quickline Transform mode, but it now works immediately when making a Quickline and with Apple Pencil.
- The magnification was missing from the Eyedropper when activated by Touch, which was extremely unhelpful. Now you can actually see what you're doing.
- When changing a color, the color popover could aggressively dismiss when you lifted your finger. It's much calmer now, and will hang around until you tell it to leave.
- Relatedly, activating Eyedropper by touch-hold now works with popovers open. Generally popovers are just a lot more chill.
We've loved seeing how much you're all enjoying the latest features, and we hope this update will make things even better. If you're enjoying Procreate, let us know by leaving a short review on the App Store.
Love this app but I would also love to see improvements.
I love using this app to do designing on my iPad Pro. I got wrist injuries from doing art on the computer and had to stop using it. The iPad Pro has allowed me to do digital art again. Therefor I do not want to sketch here and re-draw on the computer. As of now this app is fine for digital presentations of design. Still It doesn't accommodate all my professional needs when implementing a design for printing. I currently am doing decorative designs and illustrations for the crafts and stationery market. My needs are simple compared to many digital artist. I need more ease of control with sizing and format. I'd like to create a tiff right in the program. I also would like to be able to lock a finished design. Now I open a finished design in Procreate and mess it up just trying to view it. Then I would like better control of rulers. I need to level out a line. Another thing is a better COLOR control system. I need to know what colors will print properly on a personal inkjet/laser printer (digital downloads.) Also having access to pro colors swatches. This is what would make Procreate more useful to me. As I said, my needs are most likely very simple compared to other digital artist. Because of my wrist I need this to be my major tool. Anyway... I think this is a great opportunity to create a comprehensive professional illustration (vector) and painting product for the tablet and iPad. Good Luck!
this app is ridiculous
Today was my first time using procreate, which, I'll be honest I was a little sketch about downloading because it was $6 and I've tried my fair share of not so great art apps. This app is completely worth the money, I would have even paid more for it. I find it to be very simple to use, I especially love the fact that the undo/redo buttons and the size and opacity sliders are to your left, always there. Makes quick brush edits and undos so much quicker. It's such a small detail I haven't seen in any other art applications but I appreciate it A LOT and I think you will too! I think it has a nice variety of brushes, all of them customizable, as well as blenders. And one of my favorite things ever is that this app includes the cut/copy/paste. But it doesn't cut out a whole layer, or a whole section, ONLY what you circle to cut out or move. It lets you flip, rotate, edited the size of the figure, and much more. This is such a crucial tool and I find s lot of apps don't have it, and the ones that do don't have it with such versatility. And I love that it gives you the option to record the screen while you draw so you cans play it back as a time lapse and watch your own progress. Needless to say, if you weren't sure about whether or not this app would be worth a download, I'd just like to reassure you that it absolutely is.
Best drawing app I've ever bought! But...
So this is a great app! I would 100% recommend it, even though it does have a higher price than most art apps. I've never had a crash the whole time I've had this app, even though I use an IPad 2, which is SUPER old. (2011 IPad.)
Like I said, I love this app, however there is one thing I would love to be added/fixed. Since I use an IPad 2, which has a 32 bit processor, I can't use the motion and perspective blur effect, which I was really looking forward to when I first got the app. If there is a way you can add those effects to 32 bit devices, I would really appreciate it! Cause I don't like how I can't use a certain effect because I can't afford a newer iPad. I really want to enjoy the full experience of this app!
That's the only this I want fixed/added. Other than that, this app is great, and I would totally get it if you're looking for a high quality art app! I hope you enjoy my feedback!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 06, 2016
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 107 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015$1.99