Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 128 incredible brushes, advanced layer system and is powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9"
- Powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced Quick Menu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 128 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Color Without Compromise:
- 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Exact ColorDrop fills with Reference Layers that won’t damage your line work
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Color Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s time-lapse replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favorite streaming service
- Record everything in real time and share it to any connected service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
What's New in Version 3.2.1
Happy new year everyone!
Our New Year's resolution is to forever change your life. We're completely serious. But for now, let's start the new year with some big improvements for brushes, Apple Pencil, and some other stuff.
- When you stroke things and they get bigger everyone feels uncomfortable. We've fixed taper so it stays appropriately sized.
- Rapid Undo was moving too fast for some people. Now you've got control over this relationship. You can even end things completely if that's your Preference.
- When you tried to remove a saved canvas size by dragging it out of the Create menu, it didn't do that, but it did remove the ability to even Procreate.
- We put an unnecessary amount of pressure on the beginnings of strokes. We've resolved to be kinder in the new year.
- Making a perfectly straight one-pixel line no longer causes the layer thumbnail generator to crash Procreate.
- PSD is an enigmatic format. It holds many mysteries, and not even its creators truly understand it. We've delved deep into its dark secrets to make sure Procreate works with as many different PSD files as possible.
- What is the color of nothing? A lot of you were finding out with the eyedropper, but it didn't seem to help much.
- Pasted image thumbnails seemed to believe that canvas flips didn't apply to them, but ignorance is no excuse.
- Alpha Lock swipe gesture is now much more tolerant and accepts swipes of all different types.
- Taking a Transform Distort too far would distort the Distortion. This problem is now distorted. Sorted. Fixed. Whatever.
- No-one likes being lock-blocked when they're trying to Procreate. Transforming a Group containing a hidden layer no longer leaves you frustrated.
- Tiny brushes are back, baby.
Thank you all so much for your support throughout 2016. If you have a moment we'd love you to share your experience by leaving a review on the App Store. We've made some amazing things together in the last year, and 2017 is going to be even better.
This app is the reason I bought an iPad. And I must say, it doesn't disappoint in the least. The brushes are extensive and create tons of really cool effects, and the layers and color wheel are well placed and nothing feels 'cluttered' like some other art apps that try to fit too much into a small interface do.
It really is the best thing out there in the way of art apps, and it's definitely worth the $5 they ask for it. Heck, I'd pay $20. It's almost like having regular old Photoshop. Of course there are some limitations, but they're minor and the app is constantly getting updated, so those limitations may very well dissipate within the next year or so.
Overall, I would totally recommend this app to anyone who's artistically inclined and wants to be able to draw digitally on the go without all the hassle of cords and whatnot. I use this app all the time, and it's pretty much replaced Photoshop on my laptop. The only thing I really miss is a dodge/burn tool, and maybe some effects filters, but other than that this app is gold. Out of 5 stars this app deserves 6.
The reason I own an iPad Pro
I don't write reviews too often for anything, however, ProCreate is an application that was the sole reason for me purchasing my iPad Pro. When apple first announced the iPad Pro with the apple pencil I was very skeptical. You see, aside from this being apple's first attempt at making a stylus worrying me, I was worried about a lack of software to support it. I never thought that the iPad would have an application that could replace the likes of Clipstudio paint or Photoshop for my illustration work.....I could not be so wrong!
Drawing in Procreate is an experience you have to try first hand for yourself. It's the most natural drawing experience that I have ever felt on a digital tablet. I own a Wacom cintiq and I'd go as far to say that I enjoy in Procreate with the iPad more than anything!
The app is packed with tons of features and their team has constantly listened to their community to add more. Over time I can only see this app to continue to grow and hopefully more people will use this as their standard drawing application.
Amazing app, in love with it since 2013
I've been using this app for 4 years now and a total of 2 years for my manga and webcomic. Honestly, out of all the drawing apps for ipad, this one is hands down the best. I tried sketchbook, medibang, artstudio and the gist but i deleted them all except for procreate. Procreate has a nice looking drawing interface as well as smooth gesture functions for rotation zooming and selection. And of course Procreate has a ton of brushes (and more if you decide to create one) I love the new updates including the screen capture and layer grouping but was disappointed in how the small brushes sizes were not small anymore (they fixed that in this update so two thumbs up to you procreate!)
The only thing I would wish procreate to create are bigger canvas sizes (so far it seems to max out at 4,000 X 4,000) and with bigger canvas sizes more layers. If procreate is able to update that to their canvas features, that would be amazing.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 31, 2016
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 133 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015$1.99