Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 128 incredible brushes, advanced layer system and is powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend color with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro
- Powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Share to any connected cloud storage or social media service
- Canvases up to 8192 x 4096px for iPad Air 2
- Canvases up to 4096 x 4096px for iPad 3+
- Localization for 15 languages
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 128 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Streamlined Interface Designed for iPad:
- Intuitive interface layout enhances your workflow
- Efficient gesture controls built specifically for multitouch
- Procreate’s Gallery keeps your artworks organized
- Delete, duplicate and share with a swipe and a tap
- Light Interface especially made for bright conditions
• Color Without Compromise:
- Stunning 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Exact ColorDrop fills with Reference Layers that won’t damage your line work
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Color Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Relive your Creative Journey with Instant Replay:
- Watch artwork come to life as Procreate repaints every stroke in stunning 1080p
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Export artwork from the canvas, or simply swipe to export or select artwork in the Gallery
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Print directly from Procreate with AirPrint
- Export to or import from any cloud service extension
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG or JPEG
What's New in Version 3.0.6
We’d like to thank everyone who participated in Apps for Earth by purchasing the exclusive Earth brush set, hand-made by Kyle T. Webster. By working together with Apple and WWF, you’ve helped make the world a little bit better.
The iconic Procreate spectrum has returned to your springboard once again, and we’ve also increased the limit on custom brush sets. In fact, the limit does not exist. Try and find it. We dare you.
Also Procreate 3.1 is just around the corner. Packed with features you’ve been asking for, we think you’re going to love it. Watch this space.
Be the Professional, Get Procreate
About five years ago I purchased my first iPad when I saw that creating art on a tablet was a real possibility. However, just like on PC without the right software you cannot possibly try to accomplish this task. I found Procreate right away when looking through drawing applications and I've tried so many over the years. Nothing over that timeframe has ever been able to top Procreate. I actually choose to do all my work on this app. Often I don't even feel the need to bring over my work to Photoshop on my desktop PC.
This app does so many things perfectly. There are numerous brushes that you can try out and if there is something that you would like to find feel free to import it straight to your app. All the brushes can be edited and customized to your exact specifications. Once you find those sweet spots on all the brushes you routinely use this app will make it feel like you are drawing and painting on real paper. What really makes this app amazing is if you can experience this app with an iPad Pro and a Apple Pencil, which make an absolutely incredible experience.
Flat out, if you are a person who wants to get some serious work done there is no app that allows you to accomplish this more then the Procreate app. Get it, you won't be disappointed in the purchase.
As a professional - buy it
I work as an Entertainment & Media artist and my job requires me to be on the go half the time I'm not at my desk. I have always been wary of mobile tablets for visual endeavors till iPad Pro was released. Cintiq Companion sounded like a perfect device but when I tried ProCreate with the Apple Pencil, it changed my whole outlook.
First things first; this app is not a complete replacement for your Desktop/Laptop applications like PS or Painter X. But it gives you a different palette to play with. Imagine having these apps stripped down to their core, to challenge the traditional ways of drawing and painting. Procreate does this especially well while lacking in certain elements such as canvas resizing, brush blending modes and shortcuts (either on screen or keyboard support).
As the owner of a CINTIQ 22HD, I can say that Procreate with iPad Pro is perhaps the most natural drawing experience right after pen and paper. If you are an artist who needs a pad on the go, to lay down your groundwork or even push your limits to finish your artwork on the tablet, this app has all the core elements you need.
Yep. This is it, the best app on the iPad pro I have ever used with the pencil. So many others have given such good and thorough reviews that all I can add is 'bravo 'and a 'well-done'. I finally have a viable mobile lite photoshop alternative and sketch book I can take with me and it couldn't be more intuitive. Some of the reviews bemoan missing features but I don't think they quite learned about the app before jumping to negative criticism. Check out the handy guide these guys have on their website or in iBooks and you will see you can do far more than you might initially think (straight lines ARE a feature!). Oh, and the layers and blending feature are pretty great too. If you are even just thinking about drawing with your iPad I would get this app. Honestly, it's a steal for how functional and powerful it is at such a low cost. These developers deserve all the credit they are getting from all their reviews. Thank you for making such a great tool!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 25, 2016
- Version: 3.0.6
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015$1.99