By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced Quick Menu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Color Without Compromise:
- 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Color support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s time-lapse replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favorite streaming service
- Record everything in real time and share it to any connected service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
What's New in Version 4.0.4
Just when you think you’ve caught them all, there’s another update!
Whilst we continue to investigate the freezing issue that some customers are experiencing, here are a few updates and fixes that couldn't wait.
- When Procreate encountered a GPU error it would crash in order to preserve your data. Now Procreate is clever enough to recover itself from GPU errors.
- Some customers were experiencing corrupted images when exporting. If this was you, next time you open the artwork it will automatically be fixed and ready to export.
- For people on iPad Air 1, iPad mini 2, and iPad mini 3, you can now actually see the Curves adjustment interface. No need to grope in the dark for nodes.
- Time-lapse has been freed from the time loop. It's hard to explain. Timey wimey... stuff.
- The new Darken mode wouldn't let you cross over to the Dark Side when exporting, but we've brought balance to the Force and you can import and export Darken modes to Photoshop.
Before we go, all of the kind words and feedback for Procreate 4 has been really appreciated <3. If there's something you'd like to see added or fixed then get in touch! Let's talk on forums.procreate.art or send it through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Best Art App for iPad!
I’ve worked with a number of art and illustration apps on my iPad Pro, but I have to say, Procreate is the one that sits at the top of my screen. These developers have built out an incredibly well-designed interface that just makes the most sense of any I’ve seen so far for a touch/stylus interface.
The brush editor is incredibly rich, and is the most powerful utilization of Apple Pencil that I’ve seen to date. The layers capture a large fraction of Photoshop’s power but that is expressed in a UI perfect for touch that isn’t a slave to interface elements designed decades ago for mice.
Plus, the developers continue to improve core features over time without constant in-app purchase unlocks. And they get double points for actually writing a comprehensive user’s guide as an iBook that lets you actually see how everything works rather than leave it all to chance discovery in an age where many devs think ‘documentation’ is a dirty word.
Great except for...
I have been using ProCreate for several months now. I absolutely love the app- easy to navigate, awesome performance. It’s a five star app, but at the moment, I’m only giving it three stars because the crashing has gotten to a point where the app will freeze every five minutes. I have to sit back, wait for it to close, and then open it again to repeat. Please fix this, and then I can up my review to the five stars it deserves!
I’m gonna put a few things I love about it, too, just in case the crashing is somehow user error. The multiple forms of picking colors are, while standard, still enjoyable to me. There’s an absolute surplus of pen tools- it would take a whole review to list them all. I’ve taken to sketching with the 6B pencil and inking with Dry Ink- but yours will be different than mine, seeing as the tools are all 157% customizable! Layers and folders are available at your leisure, and the little tool-bar on the side of the screen that controls opacity and size is great. I just need the crashing to cease!
Best drawing app ever
This is the best drawing app I have ever used. I have downloaded so many drawing apps, and non of them even come close to this one. I like how you can make very simple drawings, or you could create a masterpiece. All of the professional features are out of the way so If you don’t want a bunch of features and like things simple, it’s perfect. But if you like all of the professional features they are super easy to get to and use. I can’t tell you how much I love this app. I have Manga Studio 5 on my pc and that program is so complex and complicated I still have no idea how to use some of its features. But this app is so easy to use and learn about, and you can get the same professional results. All of my friends think I do my art on my pc, I’m really just using this app and it looks just as good. This app deserves 5 stars. The creators out did themselves.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 14, 2017
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 175 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015Free