Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend color with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature makes perfect shapes instantly
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced QuickMenu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- Over 50 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes and sets
- Import and export custom brushes
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Color Without Compromise:
- 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Color support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Color Balance, Image Curves, HSB, Recolor
• Powerful Drawing Guides:
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s Time-lapse Replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favorite streaming service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
We’re back with a few repairs and a coat of polish.
- Fixed a bug with undoing Freehand Selection
- Applying blurs to a selection now works correctly
- Fixed a crash when Undoing Select Layer
- Multitasking gestures now work in Gallery Preview
- Improved interface for Drawing Guides
- Fixed an issue with Comparison Color
- Multitasking gestures now work in Gallery Preview
- UI improvements for Compact Mode and smaller iPads
- Improvements to the sidebar sliders
- The Toggle QuickShape action in QuickMenu has returned
- New options for Assisted Drawing in Gesture Controls
- Fixed an issue with 30 Second Time-lapse export for short videos
Thank you for all your reports, reviews, and feedback
Ratings and Reviews
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
I love Procreate so much, having a iPad Pro with a Apple Pencil works so well with this app, the price is worth buying it. Tbh I stop using my laptop for drawing since the drawing and painting feels so natural and smooth though sometimes when I try to use the short cuts it won’t work other than that it’s works like a charm.
There are some things that could be worked on, color picking a color from a reference or from the color wheel isn’t the exactly what it should look like while painting with it, it’s a little bit off, though It’s not noticeable at first (it’s not a big problem at all it just something I’ve noticed while using Procreate over the years) and now the blending tool, the blending tool can be really good but sometimes the blending tool can be frustrating to work with and sometimes while blending it makes the color muddy or won’t give a nice type a texture, I know sometimes it can be what brush you use for the blending tool. It would be nice to get a better version of it, also it might be a bug or something but when I leave a painting and go back I lose some of the progress of the painting and I haft to redo what I’ve already done.
Other than those small details this is the best app for everyone it’s easy to use, you can create masterpieces with it, I wouldn’t go to another drawing app, I would say THIS is a app that you should try out. Everyone from 3 to 90 years old can use this app. It’s the best app out there just get it try it out !!!!!!
Hi VaNjio1252$()&@"&@""!?!!???'c - Thanks for the rating and for bringing these points to our attention! When using the Eyedropper tool, it can take into account the colour input from other layers, so this could be why you're noticing the colour deviation. Also, if you'd like some help with this Smudge Tool trouble, we'd be more than happy to offer assistance.
Simply email email@example.com with the details and we'll jump in and assist.
Thanks for the review!
Fill bucket + reference
I love this app and it has made digital art so easy for me, and I’m thrilled to see the addition of clipping masks and shape tools! One thing I think is an absolute necessity for the next update, however, is a reworking of how the fill bucket tool functions. Other (free) programs such as medibangpaint that I’ve used have capabilities like expanding fill bucket selection without having to use the select tool, and the fill bucket taking all marks into consideration, regardless of layers, when making its fill. The ‘reference’ setting has proved to be inconvenient at best. Also, having to drag the color swatch from the top right corner is cumbersome. Fill should be its own tool like drawing and erasing. Honestly, I just want to see the fill bucket function like it does in EVERY other art program I’ve used. Another thing to note, many programs have the very useful feature of allowing you to have reference images in a separate window on the screen, so you can see them no matter where you are on the canvas. Would love to see this integrated. And, a final request, please make blending tools stop picking up colors from outside your selected area when you blend. I use the selection tool,,,, so the brush doesn’t interact with things outside the selection,, why do blending brushes pick up things from outside the selection and drag them into your selection,, That said, thank you for making such a fantastic art program accessible at such a low cost!
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 186.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015 Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.