Welcome to ProD&D, the app that helps you generate random maps on the go!
Watch out! ProDnD is NOT for people who like to play everything by the rulebook but for people who like to make their own content.
To see the full update log and more information, please visit our blog (just google ProDnD).
What is ProD&D?
- Generates random dungeons
- Generates random names
- Has a paint tool to edit those dungeons (more brushes coming soon)
- Lets you share those dungeons with everyone and upload shared dungeons by others
- You can place and manage your own (or other people's) events on the map
- Has lots of props to place on your maps.
- Has AI critters that dig into your dungeon in real time (experimental)
- Lets you print your dungeons at any size (football field to single A4 paper)
- And a lot more coming.
-Hotfixed a store issue.
NOTICE: Our previous version was really old, like 3 years, so this one has tons of new features
- Added a multitude of new generators.
- Added painting functionality that lets you modify your maps.
- Added a messaging system that allows you to view dev messages on start.
- Updated the themes to include more options.
- Updated the events with new Icons and Colors.
- Added props you can add to your maps to furnish them further.
- Added new backgrounds.
- Added an option to simulate creatures that modify your dungeon.
- Added HD print functionality.
- Added event importing/exporting functionality.
- Generators work faster now.
Ratings and Reviews
Just something I noticed that I don't get and things you should add.
What I noticed is when painting terrain, the AI doesn't like walking on grass :/
Anyways, you should add controllable PCs (Player Characters) they would do all the things the AI can do only you control their actions.
Also, maybe add a conflict event triggered 1/20 of the times AI run into eachother? Like you could see arrows flying across the map or sword icons over top of of the AI when they are attacking with melee and a shield on top of the other guy if the attack missed. If they take damage it would show in red text -[NUMBER] over top of the AI tile icon for how much damage they took and above all the AI there would be "currentlyHP/maxHP" kind of thing in small grey-white font. (Max health would be random based on the 4D6, throw the lowest number away rule) Because you can only have a limited amount of AI on the field, so that you don't kill everything off, maybe they would just fall asleep if they die? Either that or add factions and people of the same faction have a zero chance of attacking eachother.
I love this app
So I do a lot of DMing and always run into the problem of my group going “let’s do a game” when we are all hanging out... and I have nothing prepared because I was caught off guard. The fact that with this app I can randomly generate a map-the hardest and longest part for me- is just awesome! I also don’t mind the payment options because that’s what they are. For the most part I can find my own way it just takes time and effort. What I would like to see though are more outdoor props. I just went to make a camp site encounter and discovered there’s no A frame tent or even a bedroll (wink wink developers lol). This is nice because it doesn’t require the same amount of artistic talent or time (most nice makes take hours if not days, I can make a decent map on this in one or two hours easy).
Got ripped off
This seems like a really cool app and I really wanted the extra features so I got the feature bundle. All of the features together cost 7 dollars but the bundle only costs 4. So I bought the bundle and realized I only got half the features. I then looked back at the bundle and realized that it only says the bundle gives you those 2 things. Which would of been ok but those two things only cost 3 dollars total to buy them separately while the bundle costs 4 dollars. So I paid an extra dollar for half of the content I thought I was getting. I’m sure they meant to put all 4 of the features in that bundle but they didn’t and ripped me off instead. So unless the developers will fix this and give me the rest of the features my review will stay at a one star. I’m sorry I’m sure a lot of hard work went into this app, but this seems like a pretty big over sight on your part and I would like it fixed.
- Gray Lake Studios
- 262.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013, Gray Lake Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Features and Dungeons $8.99
- Events $0.99
- Generator Bundle 1 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.