Producer’s Best Friend
By Assisted Editing
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Eliminate Clip Reporting hell! Every Report you need from Final Cut Pro X, in a formatted spreadsheet with no EDL or copy and paste!
Producer’s Best Friend creates a formatted .xlsx spreadsheet report (for Numbers, Excel, Preview, etc.) about the video clips, audio clips, titles, generators, markers, keywords, effects and transitions in your edited timeline or event to help you make batch lists, cut lists and music cue sheets. Producer’s Best Friend reports on Clips in an Event, Compound Clip or Project. The report includes sheets for:
• Clips (with optional thumbnails)
• Roles/Subroles (with optional thumbnails)
• Titles & Generators
• Video & Audio Effects
Producer’s Best Friend takes the tedious work out of creating all kinds of clip usage reports. Report on clips in an Event (like Batch List in Final Cut Pro 7), clips in a Compound Clip or clips in a Project in an Excel spreadsheet in seconds. Why spend days doing a boring task when it can take minutes?
Producer’s Best Friend can generate music use reports as well as Video and Audio Effects, Roles and Subroles, Transitions and Markers directly to a fully formatted Excel spreadsheet, without the convoluted use of an EDL or copy/paste techniques.
You can choose which Roles to include in the report (Video, Titles, Dialogue, Music, Effects, and any roles and subroles you’ve created), and Preferences lets you choose whether times are displayed as seconds, frames, feet+frames or HH:MM:SS:FF timecode format.
Producer’s Best Friend will get you home earlier by:
• Speeding the reporting of clip usage for music reports, stock footage requests, effects used, markers and keywords with amazing flexibility. Reports are complete in seconds, not hours or days.
• Providing full control over the report: choose which roles/subroles are included.
Producer’s Best Friend will save you money because:
• Your clip reports are completed in seconds instead of hours or days.
• You have full control over the report: choose which Roles to include in the report(s) including Roles and Subroles you’ve created.
• Generate as many reports as you need: create a music usage report; create a report of every clip used in a Compound Clip or Project, or every clip in an Event; report stock footage used, to order the full resolution for online; list out all Effects, Transitions, Titles and Generators used to smooth online finishing (the Apple column shows whether it’s a standard effect or transition compared to one created by a third-party); report all the comments in your Markers.
• Generate one report for the whole timeline, or report role-by-role.
Reports can be further processed in your spreadsheet application for formatting and additional detail, if required.
Clips and Roles/Subroles Reports
• Video Thumbnail; Role ▸ Subrole, Clip Name, Category (primary, secondary, connected); Enabled; Timeline In; Timeline Out; Clip Duration (calculated from Timeline In/Out); Source In; Source Out; Source Duration (calculated from Source In/Out); Keywords; Notes; Reel; Scene; Take; Camera Angle; Camera Name; Frame Rate; Frame Size/Audio Config; Source File Path; then columns for clip metadata.
• Marker Name; Type (Standard, Incomplete to-do, Completed to-do, or Chapter); Notes; Timeline Position; Clip Name; and Role ▸ Subrole.
• Keyword; Notes; Timeline In; Timeline Out; Clip Name; and Role ▸ Subrole.
Titles & Generators Report
• Name; Enabled; Apple (Apple vs third-party generators); Role ▸ Subrole; Timeline In; Timeline Out; Clip Duration; Font; and Title Text.
Video & Audio Effects Report
• Effect name; On/Off; Apple (Apple vs third-party effects); Clip Name; Role ▸ Subrole; Timeline In; Timeline Out; and Clip Duration.
• Transition name; Category; Apple (Apple vs third-party transitions); Timeline In; Timeline Out; and Duration.
What's New in Version 1.2.6
• New Source File Name column
• New Ratings sheet reports favorite and rejected ranges
• New Markers column for Keywords and Ratings sheets lists the markers within a keyword, favorite or rejected range
• Bug bug fix for multicams with speed changes
• Bug fix for row color of multicams
• Bug fix for capitalize on Keywords and Ratings Notes fields
• Bug fix for sorting clip names in an event
Exactly what I need
I’m a producer of Animation and it’s exactly what I needed. I was able to take the EDL, parse out the shots from the locked cut and give to the assistants to have a running spreadsheet of playblast, 1at light and final delivered shots. Can’t express how grateful I am to the developers and programmers for putting this together. Thanks!
- Category: Video
- Updated: May 20, 2015
- Version: 1.2.6
- Size: 10.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gregory Clarke
- © 2013-2015 Intelligent Assistance, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor