Product Builder allows to create packages ready to be transmitted using the Application Loader (by Apple and included with the Developer tools) to the Mac App Store.
It is an indispensable tool for any App Store developer that want to submit application to the store using an alternate method to internal XCode sending mechanism.
Indicated for LiveCode users, Xamarin users and any other alternative development environment that can't create a package and send directly to the App Store.
Allows to correctly submit applications with a spaces inside the application name
Can optional check for MASReceipt inside the app to avoid creating from an already authenticated app
Can optionally add the app release number to the package (to avoid submit old packages in the submission phase)
It makes the repetitive creation of packages a pleasure and avoid errors creating and submitting to the App Store!
After inserting the correct setup one time only, to create a package you just need to:
1) Launch Product Builder and drag the application to submit from the finder to the Product Builder window.
2) confirm via open dialog destination and source folder (a sandbox requirement)
• Creates via Drag and Drop a package with the application signed with your signature.
• Handles correctly applications with spaces in the name, example: 'Product Builder'
• Put the created Package near the original app or in a preference selectable via preferences
• Auto-creates a package without spaces in the name ready to be correctly submitted to the App Store
• Optionally includes release string in the package name to avoid confusion on your Hard Disk between successive releases and during submission to the store
• Correctly handles submission of sandboxed app with signed entitlements inside
• Check if you are building using an already MAS authenticated app to avoid this kind of mistake
• Support any alternate (to XCode) development environment
• Full diagnostic of the package creation in a log area
• PDF User Guide included and accessible from the Help Menu
• Optimized for macOS 10.14 Mojave also for Dark Mode
• Bug fixes
• Optimized for macOS 10.14 Mojave
• Optimized to be used also in Dark Mode
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use, A Must Have
I have 5 apps on the Mac App Store, and three of them would not have been on the Mac App Store if it weren't for Product Builder. I earned my money back very quickly. Every time I meet a fellow developer, I have to tell them about this app. This app is wonderful.
In the latest update, version 1.1, it has gotten slightly better, even though the bugs it fixes I have never had.
There are a few things that the developer should add, however. I would be very nice if the app could offer to change the icon of my application when I drag it in. Also, I would like it to be able to change the bundle identifier, add in a category, and change the requirements and version number. Otherwise this application is a must-have for any developer.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.