Professor Garfield Forms of Media
By Paws Incorporated
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Internet Safety with Professor Garfield - Forms of Media
Nermal is excited about a new TV program The Kool Kat Karl Show, but Garfield and Arlene aren’t so sure about the show’s messages. Karl endorses Sugar-Coated Sugar Blasts and tells his viewers that if they eat the super-sweet cereal, they will get big and strong. Dr. Nova helps Nermal deconstruct and analyze the messages he’s watching and also helps him learn about different forms of media. Nermal creates his own video about the importance of a healthy breakfast and broadcasts it on The Kool Kat Karl Show.
Through reading and interacting with the Try and Apply sections of this comic app, users will:
• understand the term media and be able to identify the various media they are exposed to in their daily lives
• become aware of the goals of the media they are viewing using the five core concepts: authorship, format, audience, content, and purpose
• learn how, as media producers, to construct a media message using the five core concepts: authorship, format, audience, content, and purpose
Professor Garfield's Infinite Learning Lab Apps are part of the Infinite Learning Lab, a new standards-based resource currently being developed by the Virginia Department of Education and the Professor Garfield Foundation. Software development and comic creation by 360KID. Information about other Professor Garfield's Infinite Learning Apps may be found at http://infinitelearninglab.org/mobile/.
I would use this with my Jr. High Tech Apps students- if I had more than just my own personal iPad. I'll just have to share! It's interesting, and has great info. I also got the related apps.
- Category: Education
- Released: Nov 08, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 17.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Paws Incorporated
- © 2010 Virginia Department of Education 2010 PAWS All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.