Prognosis : Your Diagnosis
By Medical Joyworks LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Test out your decision making skills in a risk-free environment. Assess your clinical knowledge on the go. Learn about diseases within minutes.
Designed with busy physicians in mind, Prognosis: Your Diagnosis presents an engaging series of clinical case scenarios which assess the decision making skills of the player.
Each scenario takes only a few minutes to play, and is accompanied by a comprehensive yet concise discussion of the diagnostic reasoning involved, and the key lessons applicable to day to day practice.
All case scenarios are based on real-life patients, and have been reviewed by our editorial panel of 130+ specialist physicians spanning 30 specialties.
This award winning app is a great way for practicing physicians to develop and maintain their clinical acumen in a risk-free setting.
Prognosis: Your Diagnosis is also useful practice material for medical students and other healthcare professionals facing their academic and professional licensure exams.
A new scenario is added weekly, ready to be downloaded onto our list of 150+ clinical cases.
- #1 ranked medical app in the USA
- 'Dr House for Doctors' - Discover Magazine
- “One of the five best apps for doctors’ - Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSE)
- Best Health App at the World Summit Awards 2012
- "Worth a download. In a very short time, learned a few new things already."
- "A fun way to view cases. Great for medical students and also nurses - also great for long time MDs. This is just fun !"
- "As an academic physician this is a great teaching tool!"
For comments, criticisms or to share ideas on new cases, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!
What's New in Version 4.3.11
- Update for compatibility with iOS 8.4
- Bugfix for issue where for some users, the main menu would initially appear blank for a couple of seconds, before displaying the list of cases
- Several other minor bugfixes and updates
Fun and engaging
Each episode is a great brain teaser. It’s so rare to get an app this makes me think, teaches me so much and is fun at the same time. I am learning a lot. After you’ve done your best, each episode includes a detailed explanation of the case, including references.
I would gladly pay for this fantastic app. I would prefer that to the current support with advertisements.
Crashes a lot!
I just recently downloaded the app. I was able to play three cases the first day. It was great and educational. However, after three cases, the app crashed every time I opened the case list. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Still had the same issue. So I deleted it again and installed it for a third time. I have yet to play any cases this time because it keeps crashing whenever I leave the app's home screen. If it didn't have this issue, I would've given the app 5 stars because it is a great game.
Relevant to radiology
I enjoy this application a lot! Although I am a 63 year old radiologist and much of this does not directly apply to what I do (I don't treat patients per se), it is very useful for understanding what clinicians do and why they do it, which can have a direct bearing on radiology. I am a life long learner and Prognosis is a fun way to keep up!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jul 27, 2015
- Version: 4.3.11
- Size: 13.9 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Medical Joyworks LLC
- © Medical Joyworks LLC, 2010-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.