Prognosis : Your Diagnosis
By Medical Joyworks LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Test out your decision making skills in a risk-free environment. Assess your clinical knowledge on the go. Learn about diseases within minutes.
Designed with busy physicians in mind, Prognosis: Your Diagnosis presents an engaging series of clinical case scenarios which assess the decision making skills of the player.
Each scenario takes only a few minutes to play, and is accompanied by a comprehensive yet concise discussion of the diagnostic reasoning involved, and the key lessons applicable to day to day practice.
All case scenarios are based on real-life patients, and have been reviewed by our editorial panel of 130+ specialist physicians spanning 30 specialties.
This award winning app is a great way for practicing physicians to develop and maintain their clinical acumen in a risk-free setting.
Prognosis: Your Diagnosis is also useful practice material for medical students and other healthcare professionals facing their academic and professional licensure exams.
A new scenario is added weekly, ready to be downloaded onto our list of 150+ clinical cases.
- #1 ranked medical app in the USA
- 'Dr House for Doctors' - Discover Magazine
- “One of the five best apps for doctors’ - Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSE)
- Best Health App at the World Summit Awards 2012
- "Worth a download. In a very short time, learned a few new things already."
- "A fun way to view cases. Great for medical students and also nurses - also great for long time MDs. This is just fun !"
- "As an academic physician this is a great teaching tool!"
For comments, criticisms or to share ideas on new cases, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!
What's New in Version 4.3.11
- Update for compatibility with iOS 8.4
- Bugfix for issue where for some users, the main menu would initially appear blank for a couple of seconds, before displaying the list of cases
- Several other minor bugfixes and updates
Awesome way to test your knowledge
This app has been amazing in the short time I've used it. I am able to go through a patient presentation and imagine what I would do in that situation. Not only do you have to think, but it also has an in depth explanation at the end of why certain answers are correct vs others. It's easy to go through a case in a few minutes--great if you have small periods of down time on a rotation, or if you're just studying. I highly recommend it!
Fun and engaging
Each episode is a great brain teaser. It’s so rare to get an app this makes me think, teaches me so much and is fun at the same time. I am learning a lot. After you’ve done your best, each episode includes a detailed explanation of the case, including references.
I would gladly pay for this fantastic app. I would prefer that to the current support with advertisements.
Crashes a lot!
I just recently downloaded the app. I was able to play three cases the first day. It was great and educational. However, after three cases, the app crashed every time I opened the case list. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Still had the same issue. So I deleted it again and installed it for a third time. I have yet to play any cases this time because it keeps crashing whenever I leave the app's home screen. If it didn't have this issue, I would've given the app 5 stars because it is a great game.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jul 27, 2015
- Version: 4.3.11
- Size: 13.9 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Medical Joyworks LLC
- © Medical Joyworks LLC, 2010-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.