By NOTION Music, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Progression, a guitar tab editor for your iPad, gives you the convenience of an easy-to-use guitar tab creation tool right at your fingertips. An incredible app for any guitarist or bassist, Progression gives you the ability to write, edit, and playback guitar tablature or regular notation using real audio samples. You can capture your musical ideas anytime, and with the mobility of the iPad, you can take this helpful application anywhere!
With a user-friendly interface and simple, interactive entry fretboard, Progression gives even the inexperienced guitarist and bassist an abundance of functions, including but not limited to: vibrato, slides, string bending, hammer-ons, pull-offs, whammy-bar, bass slap, effects, mutes, harmonics, and more…
In addition to the tab editor you also can hear your music performed with real audio samples, giving you the most realistic playback possible. Progression comes with acoustic guitar, electric guitar, and bass guitar. You can even select to add additional instruments such as classical guitar, acoustic fingerstyle guitar, mandolin, and banjo.
You can search for tabs online directly from Progression. View some of the most popular tabs at places like Ultimate-Guitar.com or download legacy Guitar Pro or NOTION files from numerous sites that you can playback and edit.
Then once you are happy with your creation you can share your work with anyone by simply sending a file that they can view, hear, and edit. Or you can email them an image file that they can print anytime they want.
- Enter, edit, and playback tab, notation, or both
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, and Bass Guitar samples included (add additional instruments such as Classical Guitar, Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar, Mandolin, and Banjo)
- Search for tabs online
- Open Notion and Progression files
- Open Guitar Pro files (versions 3-5)
- Open MusicXML files
- Open MIDI files
- MIDI step-time entry with your favorite MIDI device
- Record real-time MIDI input into your score.
- Use the on-screen virtual instruments to hear sounds before entering them into your score.
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- Support for retina display.
- Interactive 24-fret guitar fretboard for fast entry
- Quick and simple selection palette
- Distortion and reverb effects
- Full audio mixer
- Convenient file sharing
- Export/email .WAV, MIDI, MusicXML, Notion files
- Full-range of guitar functions and articulations including: bends, vibrato, slides, hammer on, pull off, mutes, whammy bar techniques, bass slap, harmonics, and more…
- Drag and drop cursor option
- Insert text
- Quick “Undo” and “Redo” functions
- Chord and melody modes
- Easy delete and erase capabilities
- Help Files
- Enter and edit title and composer information
- In-App Purchases to add more instruments and gear
- Free scales and exercises included
- And much more…
*Progression is a registered trademark of NOTION Music Inc
*Guitar Pro is a registered trademark of Arobas Music
What's New in Version 1.2.70
Fixes and enhancements for iOS 7.
Great Concept But Lacking
This could be an amazing tool for writing out guitar parts. But the first thing I was faced with was the title of my composition being all lower case. Wouldn't if make sense to have all of the first letters capitalized as a default setting in the title field? Entering text in general is not very intuitive. Being able to punch out notes on the guitar fretboard speeds thing along nicely, but there are holes and glitches in the process. There are times when I can't enter notes at all, I hear sound, but nothing is entered into the staff. If I quit the app, relaunch and then reopen my piece, I can enter notes again. I hope in future updates these bugs will be dealt with. In the meantime it can be rather annoying to have to stop and relaunch. With a little TLC this could be a great app.
Great App for the Price
What's so great about it? I've spent hundreds of dollars on other notation programs and like this one much better. It's easy to use, the learning curve is short and the playback sounds like real instruments. Being able to write out guitar and banjo music in tab or standard notation without having to constantly change settings is a huge plus.
I'd give it five stars if these things were fixed:
I would like to remove the system titles sometimes and even though the option is offered in the parts settings, there is no effect.
The Jazz notation would be cool except that engaging the setting changes almost nothing.
I can't save directly to PDF, the file has to be emailed to achieve this.
Subtitle and Composer should only appear if something is entered in the initial setup.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 16, 2013
- Version: 1.2.70
- Size: 314 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Notion Music, Inc.
- © 2012 NOTION Music, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Classical Guitar$0.99
- Acoustic Guitar (Fingerstyle)$0.99