PD (Progressive Downloader) is a powerful and flexible download manager.
* HTTP(S), FTP, FTPS and SFTP(SSH) protocols support.
* Auto-resume downloads. Any interrupted download will be automatically resumed when your system wakes up or the application relaunches.
* Multi-thread downloads. Application downloads different parts of the file at the same time to make the downloading process faster.
* Queue manager. Control the order of your downloads by changing download priority.
* Mirror search. Automatic search for different locations of the same file to take the fastest one.
* Smart drag and drop. Drag and drop a part of text with hyperlinks on the application badge to download them. You can also do a similar operation with any text or html file.
* FTP, FTPS and SFTP browser. Browse and download files with double click or using drag and drop.
Ratings and Reviews
Great features that make the most out of a not-great internet connection
I live in Africa, where there is a lot of latency, stalled connections, etc. Using Progressive Downloader allows me to download files much faster b/c of using multiple threads (or “connections” to a specific server), as well as auto restarting if the connection drops. For example, downloading an OS X update from the App Store is horribly slow. But if the download is available on the web (most major OS X updates are), then you can use PD and add multiple threads and the speed will increase a lot. I also use it for downloading IPSW files for updating my phones. This is one of my must-have apps.
When it works, it works very well. Dev has been active and responded to my concerns, so I am giving benefit of doubt for now. I’m still having trouble downloading entire folders from premium sites, but I have yet to try the services supported by PD.
I am still curious about “Plus Mode”. Give this a try, it will definitely speed up your downloads significantly if you can get links to work. The latest update seems to be working much more often for me. Thanks dev.
Developer Response ,
So bad to hear you encountered problems with downloading from premium sites. Please contact me via mail (email@example.com) and we will find a way out.
The app from the site is absolutely free, there's no need to "re-purchase" anything.
Good, but buggy
The app is good, but pretty buggy.
It randomly restarts certain downloads after they’re done. Duplicates them basically.
It hangs quite often, have to Force Quit.
Would like to see these issues fixed.
Also, I’m not sure what this app is built with, but it’s pretty slow and responds very laggy. Right clicking an active download sometimes pulls up a menu with all options greyed out. Then I must click away and click back, and right click, if I need to suspend, or resume the download. Very weird behaviour. It’s like this app was written in Java or something.
- Maxim Trushin
- 9.9 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Maxim Trushin
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.