By Progressive Downloader
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Progressive Downloader is a powerful and flexible download manager.
* HTTP(S), FTP and SFTP(SSH) protocols support.
* Auto-resume downloads. Any interrupted download will be automatically resumed when your system wakes up or the application relaunches.
* Multi-thread downloads. Application downloads different parts of the file at the same time to make the downloading process faster.
* Queue manager. Control the order of your downloads by changing download priority.
* Mirror search. Automatic search for different locations of the same file to take the fastest one.
* Smart drag and drop. Drag and drop a part of text with hyperlinks on the application badge to download them. You can also do a similar operation with any text or html file.
* FTP and SFTP browser. Browse and download files with double click or using drag and drop.
What's New in Version 1.12.5
A few bug fixes including for one when connection fails with "Bad Request" or "Request Entity Too Large".
Great features that make the most out of a not-great internet connection
I live in Africa, where there is a lot of latency, stalled connections, etc. Using Progressive Downloader allows me to download files much faster b/c of using multiple threads (or “connections” to a specific server), as well as auto restarting if the connection drops. For example, downloading an OS X update from the App Store is horribly slow. But if the download is available on the web (most major OS X updates are), then you can use PD and add multiple threads and the speed will increase a lot. I use it for most every application update on my Mac. This is one of my must-have apps.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 20, 2015
- Version: 1.12.5
- Size: 9.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Maxim Trushin
- © 2015 Maxim Trushin
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later