Reliable recipes. Obsessively-detailed videos. Math-eliminating technology. For free. That's right. Freeeeeeee.
Oh, and Project Foodie is being called "the cookbook of the future" by Food & Wine, and "One of the best apps of 2018" by iPhone Life!!
APP AT A GLANCE
You'll learn to chop, broil and bake through real-time, chef-guided videos.
After years of research and development, Project Foodie is our attempt to create the cookbook of the future - combining the best elements of all the cooking shows, books, apps, how-to videos, classes and programs (eliminating the crappy features) and adding a bunch of our own that were sorely missing.
Our app is powered by fun and easy real-time videos starring hilarious and brilliant celebrity chef, Daniel Holzman, that users cook along to from start to finish.
It’s an all in one seamless video tutorial that guides your selection of ingredients and tools, shows you how to prep, cook, plate and serve, and even shares tidbits about the cultural history of each meal. Its like watching your favorite cooking show while making an amazing meal.
* Discover amazingly delicious, quick and easy recipes (including vegan, vegetarian & gluten-free)
* Every recipe is demonstrated in a real-time video ranging from 5 minutes to 50 minutes, hosted by brilliant and hilarious celebrity chef, Daniel Holzman
*“Short Cuts” section with quick tips, tricks and how-to videos for your binging pleasure
* Customize your video to display custom ingredient amounts
* Recipe calculator so you don’t have to do any math (!)
* Grocery lists with buying and delivery functions
* Chef recommended ingredient substitutions and tools
* Cooking tips and tricks to elevate your meals to restaurant quality every time
* Smart cooking timers so nothing gets burnt or mushy
* Instagram connectivity and reminders to easily share your cooking stories with friends and family
* Fun, entertaining videos produced by EMMY-Award Winner Eli Holzman, Creator of UNDERCOVER BOSS
AS SEEN ON:
* Food & Wine
* Rachael Ray Show
* New York Post
* Women’s Health
* E! News
* The Hollywood Reporter
* Cheddar TV
* OK Magazine
* US Weekly
* And lots more!
Project Foodie is free, but offers a Pay-As-You-Wish donation option. In addition to one-time payments, you can select to send monthly payments as follows:
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Monthly payment subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the price you manually select
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
Somebody please pinch me. Project Foodie is being called "the cookbook of the future" by Food & Wine, and "One of the best apps of 2018" by iPhone Life!!!
P.S. This improved video player is so delicious your kitchen won't know what hit it.
P.P.S. Here's a quick tip for ya. Keep your cutting board under control! Throw a wet paper towel underneath to keep it in place. And voilá that bad boy won't move an inch!
Ratings and Reviews
From the moment I saw the previews and free videos offered on the app, I knew I wanted the full subscription. I have tried a couple recipes so far, and think it is well worth the reasonable $2.99/month. Sure there are countless recipes on the internet, but the instructional value alone elevates this to so much more than just a recipe app. I love the ability to quickly adjust the ingredient measurements to the amount of people, as well as the shopping list. Two major bonus features that show you pay attention to what the user would want. I really appreciate the tips that are given along the way in the videos, the scope of knowledge, and the fact that these recipes require so little ingredients to make restaurant quality meals. Keep up the great work!
Developer Response ,
Hi Selton90, Thanks so much for your support! We are thrilled to know that you're loving the experience with Project Foodie. Since your feedback, we've moved to a pay-what-you-wish model. We hope that means we'll be seeing more of you in the kitchen this year! If you ever had any suggestions for us, please don't hesitate to reach out to support@theIPcorp.com. Thanks again, Daniel, Eli & Kaity
Really have enjoyed the recipes and cooking videos on this app. The videos have been very interesting and easy to watch, and the recipes are delicious. Looking forward to more new recipes and tutorials. My only criticism would be that recipes are almost written as if only one person is cooking, so when cooking with my wife it has been hard to follow. Also, recipes are only available through the app and are not posted online. Would be great to be able to export to our recipe keeping app. Not huge criticisms but just wanted to share my feedback. Keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
Your wish is our command! Recipes are now available online at www.itsprojectfoodie.com. Could you email me at kaity@theIPcorp.com? I’d love to hear more about your thoughts on the recipe format. Thank you!
Need more GF options
I’m going to amend my review. They now have search options for gluten free and gluten free optional recipes. Not very many. It it’s a start. Thanks for listening.
My original review: I really wanted to give this a higher score but it doesn’t meet our family’s needs. This looks like a super fun app. We cook at home because two family members have Celiac. Always looking for new ways to include the family in the cooking process. The videos are great. The shopping list is helpful. But... there are only 9 gluten free recipes. Maybe you could include a search option for recipes that can be easily altered to be gluten free. And or more gluten free recipes.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for revisiting your original review. We’ve added a bunch more GF meals in the last month and have more we’re preparing for the fall. And thanks again for the suggestion to add GF to search. We’ve gotten a lot of positive responses to that addition.
- IPC Mobile LLC
- 74.3 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Intellectual Property Corporation, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Become a Member & Reap Rewards $2.99
- $1 Monthly Contribution $0.99
- $1 Contribution $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.