Project Planner 2 is a project and task planning application that makes it easy to keep track of multiple projects and tasks.
Project Planner 2 allows you manage multiple projects. In every project you can add many tasks grouped in phases and finished by milestone.
You can view your project on Gantt chart in portrait and landscape view in days, weeks or months scale.
- managing multiple projects
- viewing your tasks as a list or Gantt Chart
- viewing multiple projects on Gantt Chart
- editing task directly from Gantt Chart
- creating dependencies between tasks
- updating progress of task to keep track
- adding resources and costs to tasks
- exporting and importing projects in .ppf format (supported by Project Planner 2, Project Planner 2 HD and Project Planner for OSX - available in Mac App Store)
- exporting and importing project in .gan format (supported by Gantt Project available on OSX, Windows and Linux) (importing with some limitations: Project Planner imports all dependencies as 'hard' and 'end-to-start')
- exporting reports in PDF format (readable in Adobe Reader, OSX Preview and all full pdf compatible readers)
- exporting chart as image in PNG format
- exporting are available by mail, to iTunes and to Dropbox
- importing are available from iTunes), from mail and from Dropbox
- printing reports ans charts directly from app using AirPrint
User manual is available on the product webpage.
This version introduces Project Planner Collaborative Network, cloud service that allows users of Project Planner to store their data in the cloud and in the near future to share projects between users.
Ratings and Reviews
It surprises me that only one other review mentions the frequency of crashes. It seems to happen most often when making changes to information already input. I have noticed it a lot when you select the "back" button. Also, sometimes the screen seems to freeze up when you are trying to scroll by dragging your finger. After making a few swipes to try and make the screen scroll it will crash. When it crashes you loose most of any changes that you have made and you have to start over. I found a crude work around after inputting a significant amount of data, just escape out of the application instead of hitting the "back" button and reopen the application. When you reopen the application your data is normally there.
Another problem I found is that if you change the start date of your project or a start date of any task the following tasks are not automatically updated. This means you have to go in and manually update all following start and end dates. I hope I am just missing something here. If so, I hope someone will mention what you have to do to have all the tasks automatically update when a change is made.
Perhaps a written user manual would help any misuse by users.
In spite of all that being said this application is exactly what I need. My needs are simple. If the developer can just get the bugs out of the application I would give it five stars.
Very good concept, but...
1. Crashing project start date. I did set up a project start date to 2012 .. And after presing DONE and writing tasks of the project the date changes by itself to 2013..
2. I have a complaint regarding setting up tasks too. Can't set up project start date on 2012 (I'm working on the project which has a duration of 3 years).
Also it is very uncomfortable to set task duration by days - would by much better and easier to simply set a task end date (just like I set up project end date). If I have to input task which has a duration of lets say 14 months and I have to exclude weekends and holidays, you should agree it is not comfortable and needs absolutely not necessary calculations.
Please FIX it. Like I said, the concept of the application is very good. Keep up a good work. :)
Updated Project Plan
Thanks for updating the exported project plan schedule. it really looked ugly and sometimes required the user to play around with the schedule to make it look right. Only thing I wish is that this app was made universal instead of requiring us to buy the iPad version. I really don't see how the functionality could be improved so much in that version (other than perhaps having a more streamlined way of entering project data). I'm not going to pay $6.00 to buy the iPad version; maybe 1.99 (hint..hint).
- 22.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese, Polish, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Peritum.Net
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.