Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Proloquo2Go® is an award-winning symbol-supported communication app providing a voice to over 75,000 individuals around the world who are unable to speak.
“Users can open Proloquo2Go and begin to use it for effective communication immediately.” – Susan Berkowitz, MS-SLP, AAC Consultant.
First released in 2009, Proloquo2Go’s research-based vocabularies, highly customizable features, natural sounding voices, and unique innovations make it the premier Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) solution for children and adults with autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, developmental disabilities, apraxia, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.
Communicate with ease
• Speak by tapping buttons with words or phrases
• Access grammar efficiently with automatic verb and noun inflections
• Repeat spoken messages and create buttons from the current message
Choose a vocabulary that fits
• Start early with Basic Communication vocabulary for beginning communicators
• Support language development with research-based Core Word vocabulary
• Modify a default vocabulary or create your own vocabulary design
Grow along with the user
• Expand vocabulary by changing grid size
• Quickly customize for individual needs and interests using VocaPriority™
• Transition to literacy with word prediction-supported typing view
Customize to fit
• Create and edit grids and buttons as desired
• Choose from 14,000 SymbolStix™ symbols or use photos for your buttons
• Customize vocabulary and settings per student with multi-user support
Edit with ease
• Change color, font, and voice of multiple buttons at once
• Move buttons with drag and drop
• Copy and paste buttons between vocabularies
Access for users with motor impairments
• Prevent accidental selections with hold duration
• Use Select on Release to compensate for fine-motor challenges
• Use one or two switches with configurable scanning access
Speak with a natural voice
• Download free natural-sounding TTS voices, including genuine children’s voices
• Pick from 19 American, 9 British, 4 Australian and 1 Indian English voices
• Enjoy ExpressivePower™ with prerecorded expressions and sounds
Share messages and vocabularies
• Send email, messages, tweets and Facebook posts
• Copy the message window text into other apps
• Backup and share vocabularies using iTunes File Sharing, Wifi, and Dropbox
Have a voice anywhere, anytime
• Use Proloquo2Go on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or iPad mini
• Communicate without an Internet connection
• Contact our global support team 24/7 by email
Explore learning and community resources
• Read the QuickStart guide or full manual
• Learn using step-by-step PDF tutorials and e-learning videos
• Connect on AssistiveWare forum, Twitter and Facebook groups
Enjoy a proven track record
• First full-featured AAC solution on consumer device introduced in 2009
• Four years of free updates
• First AAC solution with genuine children’s voices
• Winner of the prestigious British BETT AWARD 2011
• Success stories covered by major media.
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/proloquo2go
See http://www.assistiveware.com/support for step-by-step tutorials, free e-learning videos and frequently asked questions.
Educational institutions can receive a 50% discount when purchasing 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
Version 3.0.3 includes a number of minor bug fixes and some important compatibility enhancements.
The new release also includes all the major new features Proloquo2Go 3.0 recently introduced:
√ ExpressivePower™ - For personalizing with natural intonations, prerecorded expressions and sounds. Coupled with the many free specialty voices, users have a wide range of voice versatility to help them get their point across and spice up conversations. Say “Great!” and “I love you!” with real feeling!
√ Adaptive Switch Access - Single and two switch scanning support with five scanning modes, three scanning patterns, hold duration, visual cues and much more. Users can configure the screen to be their switch or a use any standard external switch through a Bluetooth switch interface.
√ Select on Release - Allows direct access to communication without having to scan or use a keyguard for those users who can tap, but have difficulty keeping only one point of contact on the screen.
√ Natural-sounding Australian Voices co-developed by AssistiveWare and Acapela Group – New genuine children’s voices (Liam and Olivia) and adult, female voice (Lisa).
√ Social Sharing Support - Share text from the Proloquo2Go message window using email, Facebook, SMS, and Twitter, and copy and paste text into other apps.
√ Dropbox Support - For easy importing and exporting of Proloquo2Go backups.
√ Over 25 more refinements and improvements.
Proloquo2Go 3 works on all iPads and on all iPhones and iPod touches that run iOS 5.1.1 or later.
This App Has Changed All of our lives, not just our daughter's, but our entire family's!
Our daughter has been using this app for about 3 years, I believe, after using an $8,000 dedicated device. I've said it before, but it's so worth saying again. I literally used to have nightmares about her expensive device not working, breaking, and my daughter not having a voice. It happened twice while we had the device and it was the most heartbreaking thing for her not have her voice! Now, I can afford to have her voice on multiple devices and sleep a good night sleep, knowing that my daughter's voice isn't something out of my control so much! And, I won't even get into the cost of repairs and warranty for her expensive device!
Then the updates, my goodness, they just keep getting better and better! Hearing her say 'please mom' with so much expression, just like I imagine she could do if she could speak, is just priceless! And, I know she will continue to learn more and have the option to use expression with so many of her words!
And, for me, mom, being able to use Dropbox is just the best, so simple to put it on other devices, to share her updated vocabulary with her therapist. I'm just so thankful, after years and years of struggling with finding my daughter the best option that we could, for her voice, that this is available! Saying that it has changed our lives, is putting it mildly!:)
Life Changing ❤
This has improved our sons quality of life. He went from no communication to fully communicating with this app. There was so much inside him and his behavior was often bad. We still have some behavior issues, but his ability to communicate has made his behavior so much better. He can participate in activities at school. The programming is easy and with the new iPad having a camera, pictures are a snap to add. He said the pledge this morning on announcements using proloquo with his classmates. He has completed oral home work assignment using proloquo.
He shares our family vacation photos and talks about them with others using this app. The list is endless of things he can do now that were impossible before. The drop box feature allows me to easily put his folder on my iPhone so all his customizations are there too. Worth every penny to buy this app. It is expensive, but the results are priceless! Thank you so much proloquo for allowing my son to be just like every other child that can communicate thoughts. ❤
Cannot use the app =(
We purchased this app in hopes of being able to give our son a way to communicate with us. The app would be perfect if not for one major flaw...
My son is a "slider", when he uses his hands. He can't just pick up his hand and place on the button he wants, he slides his hands from the bottom up. When he does this the edit menu pops up every time and he never gets to say what he wants. I would really love it, if that feature was changed. It sounds crazy, but I specifically bought this iPad so that we can use the app, and its pretty disappointing that we can't use it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 11, 2013
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 311 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AssistiveWare B.V.
- © 2008-2013 AssistiveWare
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.