Proloquo4Text - Text-based AAC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Proloquo4Text™ is a text‑based communication app that gives a voice to literate children, teens and adults who cannot speak. It is designed to enable easy conversation and full participation in society. It achieves this through a customizable single screen layout with quick access to personal phrases, word and sentence prediction and other effort-saving features. Free voices in over 15 languages are included to enable natural-sounding communication.
“Proloquo4Text is a very intuitive text-to-speech app that puts the user in control. Next generation word and sentence prediction immediately make this app stand out. Powerful communication tools can be used to compose messages in record time. Another excellent, full featured AAC app from AssistiveWare which will be backed up with their usual incredible technical support.” - Jane Farrall, Consulting Speech Pathologist
Proloquo4Text’s unique features make it the premier Augmentative and Alternative Communication solution for literate children, teenagers and adults, diagnosed with autism, cerebral palsy, developmental disabilities, apraxia, ALS/MND, laryngectomy, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.
Communicate with ease
• Speak using single screen access to words, phrases and keyboard
• Create, save and organize commonly used phrases
• Easily switch between conversations
• Reduce typing with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix™ word prediction
• Type once and say it again with history and sentence prediction
• Decide when you speak with play, pause and speak as you type
• Optimized for Switch Control and VoiceOver
• Enhance visual feedback with optional sentence or word highlighting
• Adjust appearance (font, color, text size) to your needs
Customize to your needs
• Individualize the screen layout to match your communication style
• Configure prediction, abbreviation expansion and privacy settings
• Add character and humor to your conversations with free specialty voices
• Use a my-own-voice Text to Speech voice
Speak your language
• Download free natural-sounding Acapela voices within Proloquo4Text
• Pick from 97 voices in 18 languages: Arabic, English (US, UK, Scotland, Australia, India), Spanish (Spain and Mexico), French (France and Canada), German, Greek, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Italian, Turkish, Catalan, Czech, Finnish, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil) and Russian.
• Choose English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian as your user interface language
• Switch languages on the fly
Share your world
• Send email, messages, tweets and Facebook posts from Proloquo4Text
• Write in Proloquo4Text and copy your text into another app
• Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text
Take your voice anywhere
• Use Proloquo4Text on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or iPad mini
• Communicate without an Internet connection
AssistiveWare® is the developer of Proloquo2Go®, an award-winning symbol-based communication app that provides a voice to over 100,000 individuals around the world.
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/proloquo4text
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
What's New in Version 2.0
Proloquo4Text 2.0 is a major update that significantly enhances the accessibility for users with motor challenges, that adds support for new languages and that enables, among others, users with ALS/MND, to use their own Text to Speech voice created with Acapela Group’s my-own-voice service.
- Optimized scanning order for iOS Switch Control
- Adds Greek, Arabic and Russian voices and word prediction dictionaries
- Adds support for Text to Speech voices created with Acapela Group’s my-own-voice service
- Enhanced support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 12, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 222 MB
- Languages: Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, En, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: AssistiveWare B.V.
- © 2013-2015 AssistiveWare
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.