Proloquo4Text - Text-based AAC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Proloquo4Text™ is a text‑based communication app that gives a voice to literate children, teens and adults who cannot speak. It is designed to enable easy conversation and full participation in society. It achieves this through a customizable single screen layout with quick access to personal phrases, word and sentence prediction and other effort-saving features. Free voices in 18 languages are included to enable natural-sounding communication.
“Proloquo4Text is a very intuitive Text to Speech app that puts the user in control. Next generation word and sentence prediction immediately make this app stand out. Powerful communication tools can be used to compose messages in record time. Another excellent, full featured AAC app from AssistiveWare which will be backed up with their usual incredible technical support.” - Jane Farrall, Consulting Speech Pathologist
Proloquo4Text’s unique features make it the premier Augmentative and Alternative Communication solution for literate children, teenagers and adults, diagnosed with autism, cerebral palsy, developmental disabilities, apraxia, ALS, laryngectomy, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.
Communicate with ease
• Speak using single screen access to words, phrases and keyboard
• Create, save and organize commonly used phrases
• Switch between conversations easily
• Show what you typed with the fullscreen view and flip text features
• Reduce typing with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix™ word prediction
• Type once and say it again with history and sentence prediction
• Decide when you speak with play, pause and speak as you type
• Optimized for Switch Control and VoiceOver
• Enhance visual feedback with optional sentence or word highlighting
• Communicate without an Internet connection
Customize to your needs
• Individualize the screen layout to match your communication style
• Configure prediction, abbreviation expansion and privacy settings
• Adjust appearance (font, color, text size) to your needs
Choose your voice
• Download free natural-sounding Acapela voices within Proloquo4Text
• Use a my-own-voice Text to Speech voice
• Add character and humor to your conversations with free specialty voices
Speak your language
• Pick from over 100 voices in 18 languages: Arabic, English (US, UK, Scotland, Australia, India), Spanish (Spain andNorth America), French (France and Canada), German, Greek, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Italian, Turkish, Catalan, Czech, Finnish, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil) and Russian
• Choose English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian as your user interface language
• Switch languages on the fly
Support for Apple Watch
• Use the Apple Watch folder on Proloquo4Text to create a list of commonly used phrases
• Scroll through phrases and tap to show them fullscreen to your communication partner
• Customize the contents shown on the Watch using Proloquo4Text on your iPhone
Share your world
• Send email, messages, tweets and Facebook posts from Proloquo4Text
• Write in Proloquo4Text and copy your text into another app
• Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text
Take your voice anywhere
• Use Proloquo4Text on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, iPad Pro, iPad mini or Apple Watch
• Have a smooth transition when switching devices, thanks to Proloquo4Text’s consistent navigation on iPhone and iPad
• Use multitasking functionality to run another app side-by-side on supported devices
AssistiveWare® is the developer of Proloquo2Go®, an award-winning symbol-based communication app that provides a voice to over 150,000 individuals around the world.
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/proloquo4text
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program for Education.
What's New in Version 3.0
Welcome to Proloquo4Text 3.0! After paying close attention to feedback from our user community we’re introducing several new features and enhancements that will make the Proloquo4Text experience easier and better.
Support for iPad Pro and Multitasking
Users of Proloquo4Text can now enjoy iPad Pro’s large screen. We’re also supporting the new multitasking functionality, so now it’s possible to use the split view mode with Proloquo4Text and have another app side-by-side on the iPad’s screen.
Easier to communicate
To help our users communicate more efficiently we introduced some changes to the Text Pad. The Play button is now larger and easier to tap for users with fine-motor challenges. When having a conversation in a noisy environment, users can now show what they typed thanks to the new full screen view and flip text features. And, to have a full and unobstructed view of the Text Pad, the Quick Blocks can be hidden with just one tap.
We introduced several changes to version 3 to simplify and enhance the use of Proloquo4Text. The Edit Mode has been streamlined and the help interface is more intuitive than ever. A wider range of colors is now available when choosing background and highlight colors.
iPhone users can enjoy improved navigation that is more consistent with the iPad version, so switching devices is a smooth transition. This version also includes ten new voices: Sharon (American English voice), Claudia (German voice), Kal and Mia (Adult Swedish voices), Filip and Freja (Swedish children voices), Valentin and Elise (French children voices), and Elias and Emilie (Norwegian children voices).
We are looking forward to hearing what you think of Proloquo4Text 3.0. Share your feedback, questions and experiences by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 15, 2016
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 253 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: AssistiveWare B.V.
- © 2013-2016 AssistiveWare
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.