Proloquo4Text™ is a text‑based communication app that gives a voice to literate children, teens and adults who cannot speak. The app is designed to enable easy conversation and full participation in society. It achieves this through a customizable single screen layout with quick access to personal phrases, word and sentence prediction and other effort-saving features. Free voices in 18 languages are included to enable natural-sounding communication.
“Proloquo4Text is a very intuitive Text to Speech app that puts the user in control. Next generation word and sentence prediction immediately make this app stand out. Powerful communication tools can be used to compose messages in record time. Another excellent, full featured AAC app from AssistiveWare which will be backed up with their usual incredible technical support.” - Jane Farrall, Consulting Speech Pathologist
Proloquo4Text’s unique features make it the premier Augmentative and Alternative Communication solution for literate children, teenagers and adults, diagnosed with autism, cerebral palsy, developmental disabilities, apraxia, ALS, laryngectomy, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.
Communicate with ease
• Speak using single screen access to words, phrases and keyboard
• Create, save and organize commonly used phrases
• Switch between conversations easily
• Show what you typed with the fullscreen view and flip text features
• Reduce typing with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix™ word prediction
• Type once and say it again with history and sentence prediction
• Decide when you speak with play, pause and speak as you type
• Optimized for Switch Control and VoiceOver
• Enhance visual feedback with optional sentence or word highlighting
• Communicate without an Internet connection
Customize to your needs
• Individualize the screen layout to match your communication style
• Configure prediction, abbreviation expansion and privacy settings
• Adjust appearance (font, color, text size) to your needs
Choose your voice
• Download free natural-sounding Acapela voices within Proloquo4Text
• Use a my-own-voice Text to Speech voice
• Add character and humor to your conversations with free specialty voices
Speak your language
• Pick from over 100 voices in 18 languages: English (US, UK, Scotland, Australia, India), Spanish (Spain and North America), French (France and Canada), German, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), Italian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Arabic, Greek, Turkish, Catalan, Czech, Finnish, Polish, and Russian.
• Choose English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian as your user interface language
• Switch languages on the fly
Support for Apple Watch
• Use the Apple Watch folder on Proloquo4Text to create a list of commonly used phrases
• Scroll through phrases and tap to show them fullscreen or speak out loud
• Customize the contents shown on the Watch using Proloquo4Text on your iPhone
Share your world
• Send email, messages, and tweets from Proloquo4Text
• Write in Proloquo4Text and copy your text into another app
• Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text
Take your voice anywhere
• Use Proloquo4Text on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
• Have a smooth transition when switching devices, thanks to Proloquo4Text’s consistent navigation on iPhone and iPad
• Use multitasking functionality to run another app side-by-side on supported devices
AssistiveWare® is the developer of Proloquo2Go®, an award-winning symbol-based communication app that provides a voice to over 150,000 individuals around the world.
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/proloquo4text
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program for Education.
This version introduces bug fixes, including solving issues with the Auto Detect Language feature.
Thanks for using our app!
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve conducted hundreds of AAC assessments and have to say how important having P4Text in my toolkit is. Adults that insist on original speech take too long to generate sentences from scratch. 90% of the time, the other person walks away before it’s ready. Sentence banking allows the user or helper to anticipate events and prepare what to say ahead, so that sentences are ready with a press or two of the screen.
Speaks for Me
A neurological disease has taken my speech. Thanks to the speech people at Johns Hopkins, I discovered the power of Proloquo4Text. I type. It speaks. It helps me feel whole.
Developer Response ,
Hi Mmamuzk, thank you so much for your positive review and sharing how Proloquo4Text has transformed your communication. Hearing stories such as yours validates our work. Whether it is an AAC app or universal access software, many people can relate to your situation where technology fills something that is missing and becomes a part of you. If you ever have any questions about Proloquo4Text, please feel free to email our team at email@example.com. We are always glad to help and assist users with our products. :-)
I talk more because of having this app.
I talk more due to having this app around.
Developer Response ,
Hi mast1dav, thank you for your positive review of Proloquo4Text! We are happy that the app is able to help you with your communication. If you have not done so already, be sure to checkout our Proloquo4Text Resources (http://www.assistiveware.com/product/proloquo4text/resources) and our Facebook group for Adult Proloquo4Text Users (https://www.facebook.com/groups/192898234141275/). Please feel free to email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you ever need help with the app. We are always happy to assist people who use our software. :-)
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 549.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2019 AssistiveWare
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.