By Panic, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
THE #1 SSH CLIENT FOR iOS — POWERFUL FEATURES, EASY-TO-USE.
Includes Panic Sync, our secure, super sync service — for FREE.
It's classic. You step outside for a few seconds to eat some gyros and the server goes down, or you lie down to do some light reading and a web page needs an emergency typo fix. Maybe your company uses IRC. Maybe you just like to check in on your servers often. Either way, you're the type of person that already uses SSH. Having a quality SSH client in your pocket is a very good idea.
Welcome to Prompt 2. In the three years since Prompt was released and became a favorite of admins, we've been constantly releasing updates, while also taking notes on what significant new features people wished Prompt had. Then, we did almost all of it.
Prompt 2 is, simply put, an excellent SSH and TELNET client. But how can it make SSH tasks easier? Read on.
NEW IN PROMPT 2
• Panic Sync
Finally. Sync your favorite servers, passwords, private keys, and clips, between Prompt on all of your iOS devices. It’s fast, it’s extremely secure, and best of all, it’s free.
Put your most-used commands and text bits into clips and access them with a single tap via Prompt’s keyboard bar. Clips can be stored globally or per-server.
• TouchID Lock
Secure Prompt, and only Prompt, using TouchID. Keep your servers safe.
• Private Key Generation
You can now generate keys without leaving Prompt. Drop 'em on your server, and you're off.
• Improved Key Management
Working with private keys is easier than ever
• Open Connection Switching
Easily switch between connections using a tab bar (iPad) or edge swiping (iPhone).
• Server Folders
Create groups of servers for easier sorting.
• A Fresh New Design
Sleeker, cleaner, beautiful — Prompt now looks the part in iOS 8.
• iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Ready
Looks great on any screen size.
• Customizable Keyboard Bar
• Full Bluetooth Keyboard Support
• Agent Forwarding
TAKE CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY PROMPT 2.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
• iPhone X support!
Here's what else is new:
• Added the ability to hide the tab bar on iPhone Plus in landscape orientation
• Improved the design of our keyboard accessory row on all devices
• Added support for Face ID authentication
• Panic Sync: Entering an invalid two-factor code now automatically re-prompts for another one
• Panic Sync: fixed a crash that could occur when using "Replace All Data On This Device" sync type
• Resolved an issue on some devices where creating a new site with search field focused could cause Prompt to crash
• Overflowing key passphrase field no longer causes visual issues with 1Password icon
• Fixed a crash when creating a new 'server' clip for a Shared Server
• Fixed a crash that could happen after disconnecting from a Server from a filtered search
And thanks much to the dev response that told me how to disable the annoying-as-all-get-out review prompts (at least from compliant applications).
I use it many times a day to check mail and other home-based stuff from wherever I happen to be.
Please add the ability to hide the keyboard
I love Prompt! It’s fast and stable with a beautiful UI.
I often use Prompt to run ‘watch <cmd>’ to monitor the status things. It’d be great to be able to hide the keyboard to have more screen space available.
Thanks for continually updating this great app. I use it many times throughout the day and it it consistently excellent.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 07, 2017
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 24.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Panic, Inc.
- © 2017 Panic Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.