Pronto! Mobile is a Unified Communications application that provides HD Voice VoIP business telephony, secure IM
•Make phone calls in crystal-clear High Definition (HD) Voice features
•Easily make conference calls
•Secure encrypted Instant Messaging
The application requires an account on a CommuniGate Pro server or service to run. Free trial accounts can be created at www.MobileOffice.biz
The application runs in the background to allow receiving incoming calls and IM messages at any time.
To work properly needs server version 6.2
Audio quality issues fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
The 1.3 version is still buggy
It's unbelievable that after the latest update there are so relevant missing points:
- The horizontal view is still buggy. Trying to chat in landscape mode messes up the whole interface until you relaunch the app;
- There is no support for spell checker in the chat compose view. It's really a serious issue for users who needs to chat on the go;
- Bluetooth headsets are not supported. You can only use the speaker or wired headphone as options to talk hands-free;
- The E-disk feature is almost useless, since it doesn't let you to view neither open your files with any other app on the iPhone.
Moreover, this app isn't able to react to network changes yet: if you log in while connected via WiFi and you let the iPhone standby, after some time the phone switches to the cellular data network and you won't be able to receive calls or messages since manually re-login. It would be useful if it could automatically reconnect or to make the WiFi connection up with some sort of keepalives.
Remember you still need to buy and install the GIPS license on the CommuniGate server in order to be able to place and receive any call with this application. Thus, users running the Community Edition can only chat and change their "real-time rules" so far! :(
Best quality when connecting with cgp, but slow
If you use CGP as a voip sip server, there are lots of apps you can use to connect to the server and make phone calls.
Bria is one but it suffers from major nat traversing issues. Pronto! works well and good quality. Probably because it uses a more native protocol for the server.
However, Pronto! has issues too which I hope Stalker will address;
- does not auto login
- does not auto sense network changes
- very slow to respond app, button pressing can sometime take 5 seconds to do the action!
Pronto requires CommuniGate Pro 5.4.4 to work
Pronto requires CommuniGate Pro 5.4.4 released 2-Feb-12 in order to function.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.