ProtonMail - Encrypted Email
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“ProtonMail offers encrypted email, which makes it virtually impossible for anyone to read it except the sender and the recipient.” Wall Street Journal
ProtonMail is the world’s largest encrypted email service with over 1 million users. The ProtonMail secure email app for iPhone and iPad brings easy-to-use email encryption to your mobile device by seamlessly integrating PGP end-to-end encryption. ProtonMail also provides a modern user interface with a full set of innovative features such as customizable swipe gestures and the ability to send expiring emails.
Since we were founded by CERN scientists in 2013, we have been joined by citizens from around the globe who have supported our mission to protect online privacy. Our mobile app was made possible by a record-breaking $550,000 donation campaign. With the ProtonMail app, you can now create your own free ProtonMail email account and start experiencing the secure email of the future.
Why use ProtonMail?
• Ensure your emails stay private and cannot be intercepted or disclosed to third parties
• End-to-end encryption, OpenPGP compatible
• Easy-to-use: encryption is done automatically and is completely invisible to the user
• Zero-access: all messages are stored in encrypted format—not even ProtonMail can read your messages
• Open source: ProtonMail's encryption is open to inspection by security experts from around the world
• Free: ProtonMail is 100% free, no catches. If you like our project, you can donate or upgrade to a premium account
• Swiss privacy and neutrality: ProtonMail is hosted entirely in Switzerland, under the protection of the world's strongest privacy laws
With the ProtonMail app, you can:
• Create a new @protonmail.com email address with automatic PGP key creation and management
• Send and receive encrypted emails and attachments automatically
• Set timers for messages to self-destruct after sending
• Quickly organize emails with customizable swipe gestures and labels
• Get push notification of new emails
• Send password protected encrypted emails to non-ProtonMail email addresses
ProtonMail in the press:
“ProtonMail is a gmail-like email system which uses end-to-end encryption, making it impossible for outside parties to monitor.” Forbes
“A new email service being developed by a group from MIT and CERN promises to bring secure, encrypted email to the masses and keep sensitive information away from prying eyes.” Huffington Post
What's New in Version 1.5.4
Fix UI layout issue in iOS 8.3 & iPhone5
Fix some messages sent from Thunderbird to the app weren't decrypted properly
Fix sending a pdf from ProtonMail to other email services - they can't detect the file type
Fix sometimes can't add image attachment from photo library
Fix keyboard not showing if you don't click on the proper location in the body when signature not enabled
Fix badge icon not clearing if you open a message from a notification
Fix entering non-existent ProtonMail address not showing any errors after sending the email
Fix some archive messages are not showing
Fix cosmetic / self-XSS
Fix sometimes signup flow freeze when user input a notification email
Fix notification email can't be changed
Fix bug report button could be clicked multiple times accidentally
Add version number to login screen
Change the color of the "move to Archive" text
Composer stability improvements
"Server offline" error message improvement
"Server maintenance" notice message improved
Network library stability improved
General bug fixes & performance improvements
Login password update
Mailbox password update
Single password update (SRP)
Secure, but delays galore
Proton mail IS a secure mail client, however it is not a good one. Emails are not delivered within a few minutes of being sent, taking around half an hour in some instances.
Add this to the offensively high costs if you elect to go beyond the free version, and other encrypted mail services, such as Tutanota (which delivers mail instantly, gives you an inbox twice as big, also has a free version, is easier to encrypt outgoing messages, and has a much better value regarding premium features) are a much better option.
Proton mail is good, but there are better options out there that have better free accounts and better-priced premium accounts. Still, Proton Mail is a step in the right direction away from companies that require blind trust, such as Yahoo, Gmail, and Microsoft.
ProtonMail: Free, Simple, Secure Email
ProtonMail is a Swiss-based Email service with modern encryption ensuring that only the sender and receiver(s) of a message will be able to read its contents. This implementation of end-to-end encryption happens automatically when email is sent between ProtonMail users.
ProtonMail is the best way to use email with modern security and simplicity in mind. It completely eliminates the need for any of the popular email providers that cannot provide communication security.
It will be great to see how the app develops as new features are added to make this secure email service even more convenient.
Good but work on the notifications
The app is good but the notifications for ios needs to be fixed asap. Sometimes it is delayed, sent in the wrong order and even worse I sometimes get a notification for an already read mail! Work on this and the five stars will be all yours.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 12, 2016
- Version: 1.5.4
- Size: 45.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Proton Technologies AG
- © Proton Technologies AG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.