ProtonMail - Encrypted Email
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“ProtonMail offers encrypted email, which makes it virtually impossible for anyone to read it except the sender and the recipient.” Wall Street Journal
ProtonMail is the world’s largest encrypted email service with over 1 million users. The ProtonMail secure email app for iPhone and iPad brings easy-to-use email encryption to your mobile device by seamlessly integrating PGP end-to-end encryption. ProtonMail also provides a modern user interface with a full set of innovative features such as customizable swipe gestures and the ability to send expiring emails.
Since we were founded by CERN scientists in 2013, we have been joined by citizens from around the globe who have supported our mission to protect online privacy. Our mobile app was made possible by a record-breaking $550,000 donation campaign. With the ProtonMail app, you can now create your own free ProtonMail email account and start experiencing the secure email of the future.
Why use ProtonMail?
• Ensure your emails stay private and cannot be intercepted or disclosed to third parties
• End-to-end encryption, OpenPGP compatible
• Easy-to-use: encryption is done automatically and is completely invisible to the user
• Zero-access: all messages are stored in encrypted format—not even ProtonMail can read your messages
• Open source: ProtonMail's encryption is open to inspection by security experts from around the world
• Free: ProtonMail is 100% free, no catches. If you like our project, you can donate or upgrade to a premium account
• Swiss privacy and neutrality: ProtonMail is hosted entirely in Switzerland, under the protection of the world's strongest privacy laws
With the ProtonMail app, you can:
• Create a new @protonmail.com email address with automatic PGP key creation and management
• Send and receive encrypted emails and attachments automatically
• Set timers for messages to self-destruct after sending
• Quickly organize emails with customizable swipe gestures and labels
• Get push notification of new emails
• Send password protected encrypted emails to non-ProtonMail email addresses
ProtonMail in the press:
“ProtonMail is a gmail-like email system which uses end-to-end encryption, making it impossible for outside parties to monitor.” Forbes
“A new email service being developed by a group from MIT and CERN promises to bring secure, encrypted email to the masses and keep sensitive information away from prying eyes.” Huffington Post
What's New in Version 1.5.6
* Corrected drafts "read" status.
* Email header display issue
* General stability improvements & bug fixes
* Attachment uploading issues
* Problems with message counters
* Changed default swipe options
* Fix for trashing messages in the inbox
* Problems with hyperlinks inside the body of the some messages
* Connectivity message text alignment
* Fix for archived labeled messages also showing as starred
* Fix for action buttons on message list pages
* Problem with adding Star on some messages
* Drafts were sent to Trash instead of being deleted
* Drafts sometimes didn't show
* Problem with opening a message from a notification
* Fixes for actions in the Sent Folder
* Decryption support for plain text email PGP messages from Thunderbird
* Fix the app badge number issue
* Error message improvements
* Refactored Labels & Folders for performance
* Refactor Signup flow for performance
* App security Improvements
* Updated PGP key format to the latest specs
* Modified the app icon
* Added PGP library version info in settings
* Added "All mail" folder
Everyone should use this
Awesome free encrypted email service. No ads. No tracking. No profiling. No reason to pay with your privacy (lack of) for supposed "free" email from the likes of Google, Microsoft, Yahoo or AOL. This is the way email should be - private and secure. Important that all parties (sender and recipients) use this for true end to end encryption at all times. Spread the word and get your friends to switch.
The only feature I wish they'd add is a desktop client that allows one to download and store emails offline in an encrypted database, with the ability to have emails synchronized between server and clients.
No reviews yet, but it deserves one. This is a great and seemingly secure mail service. In these uncertain times we can never be too careful. I use this when communicating sensitive information because I work with refugee populations.
With them since day 1
Keeps getting better and better. Nice update. Have been using this as my primary email for sometime now. Don't miss gmail at all.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 14, 2017
- Version: 1.5.6
- Size: 57.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Proton Technologies AG
- © Proton Technologies AG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.