ProtoSketch – Graphic Design
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Quite simply, the finest Desktop-Class design software ever released.
Make slick designs in minutes! You are a designer, a marketer or just want to sketch something, you want to make a logo or a new landing page for your business - ProtoSketch is your digital canvas!
You don't have to learn anything, just choose the brush and start sketching!
Supercharged with icons, fonts, ui elements, basic and complex drag and drop shapes. It is easy to design anything from logo and icon to website and mobile app. Lossless vector graphics that you can scale infinitely and continue on your desktop.
"ProtoSketch puts the "Pro" in iPad Pro!"
"Beautiful design in a thoughtful package."
"One of the best design tools you have to try in 2016"
WHAT MAKES THIS APP BETTER THAN OTHER DESIGN TOOLS ?
- Made with lots of LOVE by designers for designers!
- The iPad is not a PC. ProtoSketch wasn't adapted from a desktop app. It was created from the ground up exclusively for iPad. Our workflow is different - we have dedicated ALT, SHIFT and REPEAT buttons and all the commands relative to your selection appear as buttons on the bounding box. We call them shortcuts because they work as keyboard shortcuts on your PC.
-The app works beautifully with Apple Pencil you can draw, sketch and concept your ideas. But hey nothing will stop you from finishing your idea and polishing it to perfection. Proto has all the tools you need.
- AGILE, we are doing constant updates, enriching your experience and adding new features.
- HUGE ROADMAP, there is a lot of stuff ahead better vector tools, a mac app, prototyping, real-time collaboration and more...
- EXCELLENT Support, send us feedback on fb, tw and via email. We'd love to chat :)
WHAT CAN YOU CREATE?
- Vector Illustrations
- Design Logos
- Design App icons
- Design vector icons/pictograms
- Everything UI/UX
- Design Websites
- Design Apps
- Landing pages
- Sitemap flow charts
- Use maps
- Send to desktop in vector format
- Vector Brush with Variable width (Apple Pencil support)
- Pencil Tool for smooth sketching and adding fills
- Pen Tool for drawing perfect vector paths
- Vector Eraser
- Scissors - for cutting vector paths
- Shape creation tools - rect, ellipse, line, polygon, star, spiral
- EXACT size and position input
- Hardware Keyboard Shortcuts
- LIBRARY full of UI elements, icons, shapes and more vector elements
- Alt, Shift and Repeat buttons for fast workflows
- Swathes, color wheel, rgb and hsb sliders and HEX input
- Rotate and scale transform handles
- CMD buttons for object oriented design
- Context menu with even more actions (hold on object to show)
- Masking of images and other elements
- Images in shapes (Quick 1 tap masking)
- Select tool and Path select tools.
- Precise bezier path editing - add, remove points toggle points between corner and smooth
- Align, distribute actions as well as smart guides for perfect alignment
- Snap to grid, point and shape sides and centers
- Export ProtoSketch, SVG, PDF, JPG, PNG
- Import ProtoSketch, SVG, JPG, PNG
- Font import - ttf (from dropbox)
- Dropbox Support
- AirPrint Support
visit PROTOSKETCH.IO more info, video tutorials and FAQ
What's New in Version 1.3.5
- Fixed iOS 11 bugs
- Dropbox updated
- Fixed import
Ignore the haterz
This app has benefited every aspect of my creative process. The only issues I ever had with it were due to the fact that I was running it on a now no longer supported iPad mini. I’m using a newer model and rarely have issues with it only as exporting. Even with those minuscule export issues I’m unaware of any other app that exports designs as svg’s so flawlessly.
From quick and dirty last second edits to building the elements of my new website in. Protosketch is a phenomenal Swiss Army knife. I have all but given up looking for a replacement.
I’m operating under the assumption any bugs proto has is due to the sheer scope of their roadmap and goals as an available on all platforms design suite.
The only notes I have are a feature request which is as follows.
Importing from cloud services like google drive is a bit frustrating and any focus put to improving it would only be a boon to my workflow.
Too many bugs
I really want to like this app. It seems like it could be useful for illustrating. However, the shapes library doesn't work properly. Tapping or dragging a shape out puts a totally different shape on the canvas than the one I'm trying to put down. Not even one nearby the shape I want in the library. Also, the app crashes way too often. I'll wait and try this app after a few more updates.
Half Baked and Buggy
There are many other vector programs out there that do more with a much better intuitive workflow. This lacks some very basic features apart from being extremely buggy. This app has potential, but is half-baked at the moment, so save yourself some $s and don’t fall for the “best app” comments / reviews. This isn’t for a serious designer.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 02, 2017
- Version: 1.3.5
- Size: 140 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Codemotion EOOD
- © Codemotion 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.