Quite simply, the finest Desktop-Class design software ever released.
Make slick designs in minutes! You are a designer, a marketer or just want to sketch something, you want to make a logo or a new landing page for your business - ProtoSketch is your digital canvas!
You don't have to learn anything, just choose the brush and start sketching!
Supercharged with icons, fonts, ui elements, basic and complex drag and drop shapes. It is easy to design anything from logo and icon to website and mobile app. Lossless vector graphics that you can scale infinitely and continue on your desktop.
"ProtoSketch puts the "Pro" in iPad Pro!"
"Beautiful design in a thoughtful package."
"One of the best design tools you have to try in 2016"
WHAT MAKES THIS APP BETTER THAN OTHER DESIGN TOOLS ?
- Made with lots of LOVE by designers for designers!
- The iPad is not a PC. ProtoSketch wasn't adapted from a desktop app. It was created from the ground up exclusively for iPad. Our workflow is different - we have dedicated ALT, SHIFT and REPEAT buttons and all the commands relative to your selection appear as buttons on the bounding box. We call them shortcuts because they work as keyboard shortcuts on your PC.
-The app works beautifully with Apple Pencil you can draw, sketch and concept your ideas. But hey nothing will stop you from finishing your idea and polishing it to perfection. Proto has all the tools you need.
- AGILE, we are doing constant updates, enriching your experience and adding new features.
- HUGE ROADMAP, there is a lot of stuff ahead better vector tools, a mac app, prototyping, real-time collaboration and more...
- EXCELLENT Support, send us feedback on fb, tw and via email. We'd love to chat :)
WHAT CAN YOU CREATE?
- Vector Illustrations
- Design Logos
- Design App icons
- Design vector icons/pictograms
- Everything UI/UX
- Design Websites
- Design Apps
- Landing pages
- Sitemap flow charts
- Use maps
- Send to desktop in vector format
- Vector Brush with Variable width (Apple Pencil support)
- Pencil Tool for smooth sketching and adding fills
- Pen Tool for drawing perfect vector paths
- Vector Eraser
- Scissors - for cutting vector paths
- Shape creation tools - rect, ellipse, line, polygon, star, spiral
- EXACT size and position input
- Hardware Keyboard Shortcuts
- LIBRARY full of UI elements, icons, shapes and more vector elements
- Alt, Shift and Repeat buttons for fast workflows
- Swathes, color wheel, rgb and hsb sliders and HEX input
- Rotate and scale transform handles
- CMD buttons for object oriented design
- Context menu with even more actions (hold on object to show)
- Masking of images and other elements
- Images in shapes (Quick 1 tap masking)
- Select tool and Path select tools.
- Precise bezier path editing - add, remove points toggle points between corner and smooth
- Align, distribute actions as well as smart guides for perfect alignment
- Snap to grid, point and shape sides and centers
- Export ProtoSketch, SVG, PDF, JPG, PNG
- Import ProtoSketch, SVG, JPG, PNG
- Font import - ttf (from dropbox)
- Dropbox Support
- AirPrint Support
visit PROTOSKETCH.IO more info, video tutorials and FAQ
- Fixed iOS 11 bugs
- Dropbox updated
- Fixed import
Ratings and Reviews
Don't fall for reviews
Forget about professional or desktop level of vector editing, the app is basic at best. The best thing about it is icon design of the app, looks good on home screen.
I bought the app after reading reviews and praise it's getting. However after using it for few hours I ended up in buyer's remorse. The app has only basic vector functionality.
You can create some basic objects, edit them, a pen too for freehand shapes. Some options for stroke and fill, basic layers module, some blend modes; And that's it. Forget doing any kind of professional work in the app. There are much better apps in AppStore and I regret for not doing some homework before buying this, which is my mistake anyway. Writing this review so you won't make the same mistake.
Hi Najam, we are sorry you feel that way. ProtoSketch has a lot of vector tools, did you spend time to learn the app and did you watch the tutorials? Please send us feedback from the app with a list of features you are missing.
Ignore the haterz
This app has benefited every aspect of my creative process. The only issues I ever had with it were due to the fact that I was running it on a now no longer supported iPad mini. I’m using a newer model and rarely have issues with it only as exporting. Even with those minuscule export issues I’m unaware of any other app that exports designs as svg’s so flawlessly.
From quick and dirty last second edits to building the elements of my new website in. Protosketch is a phenomenal Swiss Army knife. I have all but given up looking for a replacement.
I’m operating under the assumption any bugs proto has is due to the sheer scope of their roadmap and goals as an available on all platforms design suite.
The only notes I have are a feature request which is as follows.
Importing from cloud services like google drive is a bit frustrating and any focus put to improving it would only be a boon to my workflow.
Unusable - gets real slow real fast
This app works fine if you have like 3 shapes and 3 layers. But once you add any meaningful amount of content it's unusably slow. And I'm not even talking about a gargantuan project, just a modestly-sized one. For example you pinch to zoom and then you're staring at the screen for 20 seconds while it gets to your zoom level. And this is on the iPad Pro, the fastest iPad ever made. I waited to make this review because maybe they would release an update to fix the slowness, but it's been over half a year without an update. Since their last update there have been several new iPad models in the market, including 2 new iPad Pro's. I wouldn't use this for any serious project, and don't see where all the hype is coming from.
I'm sorry to hear this. Can you tell me which iOS version do you use? It will be helpful to send us a canvas that is slow on your device. Thanks in advanced!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.