By River SRL
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Prototypes is the best way to share and test your iPhone App mockups. Turn your still mockup images from Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks (anything!) into a tappable prototype that runs on iPhone and iPod Touch.
Prototypes helps you…
• Test designs on your iPhone; Are the tap targets right? Does the IA make sense? Do people 'get it'? Find out!
• Get feedback from a client/boss/coworker on mockups they can try in seconds, anywhere in the world
• Demo an app idea to a potential customer or investor before it even exists
• Iterate quickly on App ideas, no code required
If you're a designer, a developer or an 'ideas guy', Prototypes can help. And the fully-integrated ptyp.es hosting means you don't need anything else in order to share your mockups with one, or a hundred people.
• Rapid construction using connectable hotspots of app flow
• Transition animations between screens for that familiar look and feel
• Completely integrated creation and uploading of Prototypes web apps that run on iPhone and iPod touch
• One click sharing on ptyp.es, fast and secure prototype hosting is included (30 days per prototype)
• Support for 1x and 2x (retina) mockups. You can even drag a PSD file directly :)
Try the results yourself:
1. Point your iPhone or iPod touch to ptyp.es
2. Follow installation instructions
3. Enter PIN 1234 5678
4. Tap through the mockup!
Think of the effort, design and development work you can save when everyone on your team (and your clients) can experience the prototype. Prototypes has more great features planned and, like any professional tool, will continue to develop with your valued feedback.
Reactions to Prototypes
Honestly, I’m totally freaking out about how incredibly cool and useful this is. — Lukas Mathis, ignorethecode.net
I have been waiting for Prototypes since the iPhone was released — Dom Leca, Sparrow, sparrowmailapp.com
No Code, No Problem. Prototypes Turns Ideas Into Working Apps. — Darrell Etherington, gigaom.com
Just fired off the link to my prototype to my client, and he was blown away — Josh Fallon, fallondesign.com
It's simply the best tool of its kind that I've encountered. Clients just "get it." — Blake Sirach, willowtreeapps.com
What's New in Version 1.1.3
New in 1.1.3:
• Fixed a bug loading older 1.0 files containing only 1x assets
• Fixed a bug that broke copy/paste from Fireworks (and other apps that include a PICT in the clipboard)
New in 1.1:
• Minimum required version is now MacOS X Lion version 10.7 (text in the UI is smoothed on 10.8)
• Fixed several issues that showed up on retina displays
• Fixed excessive CPU usage that could happen in some circumstance
• Fixed a bug where images not at 72 DPI would be improperly imported
• Fixed a bug where images at non-standard sizes would be improperly scaled
• Added retina graphics
• Added drag and drop reordering of source view items
• Added keyboard navigation for thumbnail view
• Added support for full screen mode of the Prototypes Mac app
• Added automatic image reload when original file is changed (10.7.4+)
• Sprinkled some UI polish
• Enabled source view resizing (10.8 only)
• Enabled document autosave and versioning
• Enabled application sandboxing
Good, but can be improved
Needs iPhone 5 and iPad support badly… and a way to retain pins on device so I don't have to type them in everytime. Also more transitions (fade, flip). Otherwise super useful app!
March 2013 no 640x1136 screen support (iPhone 5)
As of March 24th 2013 this app doesn't support screens at the iPhone 5 resolution of 640x1136 at 326 ppi. Not worth buying if you are doing any work targeting the most current hardware. This limitation along with the price makes this app overvalued.
Wish I hadn't bought this before checking out their iPhone app: it's January 2013 and they STILL don't yet support iPhone5.