ProximiT is a real time personal assistant for all your bus and subway needs in and around Boston.
Ever arrived at the station right as the bus or train pulled away? You could have walked faster but now you’re stuck waiting.
How about spending an eternity in a crowded underground station when you could have been enjoying the outdoors?
Download ProximiT and never waste your time or money again.
• Get arrival times for your favorite stations as you approach them, without opening the app.
• See down to the second predictions, so you’ll know when to rush or take your time and get a cup of coffee.
• Locate nearby stations in a new part of town. Stations are sorted by distance and show upcoming arrival times, so you can decide which is your best bet.
• Find out about service alerts such as delays, construction, and elevator outages.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
ProximiT is not affiliated with the MBTA.
• Improved predictions
Ratings and Reviews
They need to do a better job during the busy times and when buses run back to back of taking the ones that are passing you by off the list. Also, there have been several times when the app has refreshed itself to “1 min” for buses that show up 10-15 minutes later, which then might also just drive by. On the weekends, buses tend to show up 1-2 minutes early and leave early as well, so be mindful of that. Otherwise, still the best app for Boston MBTA buses that I’ve found... open to trying new ones!
I have found that the timing of different stops works differently. I take the red line and know that if the app tells me I have 5 minutes until the next Braintree train at South Station, it is really more like 7 minutes. But if it says 5 minutes at North Quincy it is really 3. I’m not sure what the trigger is for each of these stops but as long as you know the real timing, the app is accurate.
Good Idea, Poor Performance
I have used this app for about two months now. It works great when there is no traffic, however this is Boston and there is almost always traffic. It only updates every 5 minutes or so, and the majority of the time I find myself waiting an additional 10 minutes. The only reason I didnt give it one star is because its still (to my knowledge) the best option out there
- Jeff Lopes
- 30.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Randy Dailey & Jeff Lopes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.