By Joel McDonald
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Prune is a love letter to trees. A game about the beauty and joy of cultivation.
With a swipe of a finger, grow and shape your tree into the sunlight while avoiding the dangers of a hostile world. Bring life to a forgotten landscape and uncover a story hidden deep beneath the soil.
• A unique digital plant for your pocket
• Beautiful, minimalist art and a super clean interface—it's just you and the trees
• Meditative music and sound design for you to zen out to
• No IAP, no monetization strategy, no currencies
• Share screenshots of your unique tree creations with friends
• Synchronize progress across all your devices using iCloud
Originally based on an experimental tree generation script, Joel McDonald carefully crafted Prune to perfection over the course of a year. Kyle Preston joined in to add his unique musical signature and sound effects.
----- RECEPTION -----
"Unlike anything I've played before... the kind of experience I want to pull out to show my friends." - The Verge
"Wildly creative, totally addictive, and oddly soothing" - Entertainment Weekly
"Prune is a gorgeous and unique experience." - 5/5 TouchArcade
"Prune is an awe-inspiring work of digital poetry that transcends its initial subject material to explore a much larger, much more complex theme, in an articulate and powerfully moving manner" - 10/10 Pocket Gamer
"A collaboration that feels more like a dance than puzzle-solving." - Kill Screen
----- AWARDS -----
• Winner - Best Upcoming Game - 11th International Mobile Gaming Awards
• Finalist - IndieCade Festival 2015
• Official Selection - Brazil's FILE Festival
• Runner-Up - IndiePlus "Make Something Great" Contest
• Official Selection - Out of Index Experimental Games Festival
What's New in Version 1.0.68
Fixed the game progress bug (hopefully for good). Really, really sorry for any frustration this has caused. This has been an elusive bug to fix, only affecting certain players on certain versions of iOS/Prune.
NOTE: This update will not restore lost progress. If you've been affected by this, please do not hesitate to contact me and I'll try my best to help.
The color scheme of the art goes well with game play to create a satisfying activity. The colors contrast each other in a graceful way making it appealing to the eye. Gameplay itself is simple yet hooks your attention almost immediately. I'd recommend this game to anyone who likes art or wants a fun app in airplane mode.
Very relaxing especially on the train. It's a cool app to use when you are stressed out. Or feel the need to be in control. The only thing is that it's a bit short. But you can reset and start all over again. Hope more content is added.
Fun Concept Well Executed
Great game. It was fun figuring out how each type of tree grew and how to manipulate them. My only issue I have is I played through it in a day, so maybe more levels? Also what are those white trees that grow off to the side out of sight in some levels? They disappear if you try to cut any of their branches.