“...the iPhone/iPad place to go for all things psychology.”
Featured in the APA Monitor!
• Keep up-to-date on the latest news, blog posts, and videos in psychology.
• Students: discover ideas for term papers and projects. Learn what psychologists do in their area of the field.
• Read the late breaking news, watch the best videos, and listen to the most interesting psychology podcasts.
• Updated daily by Michael A. Britt, psychology teacher and host of the web’s most popular academic psychology podcast.
Minor bug fix.
Ratings and Reviews
great access to current news and information on psychological science
PsycExplorer is a nifty tool that brings together a variety of video, audio, and text sources of current information in a range of psychological science topics. It scans high quality sources to put them at your fingertips, categorized by subdiscipline (e.g., personality, therapy, cognitive, critical thinking, etc.). Allows email forwards and tweeting of entries. The only limitation I note is that you can only browse content in the predefined categories. There is no search feature. I really enjoy it, particularly when I have some free time, for entering a category and scrolling through the many entries to look for interesting new reports.
Disclaimer: I was, by way of a general invitation to a psychology professors' listserv, invited to review a beta version of this app. In exchange, I received a free copy of the app. However, if I did not like the app in the first place, I would not have installed and used it. This review, to the best of my knowledge, accurately reflects the app and does not omit any issue other than the one mentioned.
Keep up to date with well chosen, relevant psych articles
I absolutely love this app and am surprised there are no reviews. It presents a well chosen collection of psych articles, podcasts, and videos on psychology-related topics. The curator gleans from a variety of online sources, and highlights suicide, aging, depression, neurobiology, gender identity, sexual orientation, new research findings, psych-related changes in government policy and programs, and a wide variety of other topics. This is a great app for anyone interested in mental health, whether professional or lay person.
I have a BS in psychology and am pursuing an MS in school counseling. This app is fantastic, as it offers many different articles regarding various specialties within the field of psychology all in one place! Also, the creator, Michael, is incredibly helpful and truly makes an effort to make this a great app. I truly recommend this app for any student, teacher, or individual interested in the field.
- Michael Britt
- 24.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2010, Michael Britt, Ph.D.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.