The Psychiatry pocket contains comprehensive guidelines on important and commonly seen psychiatric illness, organized in a concise and easily accessible manner. The app includes diagnostic and treatment guidelines, management algorithms, useful scores and scales, and drug administration tables detailing commonly used psychiatric medications.
The content of the newest version of our Psychiatry app is presented using a new, innovative user interface that is elegant, intuitive and simple to use. Features include gesture-based navigation, bookmarking and annotation functions, indexed and full text searching, support for iCloud backups, and numerous interactive psychiatrics scales and scores.
- Both DSM-IV-TR and ICD-10 classifications
- Complete ICD-10 diagnostic criteria and summaries of DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria
- Coverage of most psychiatric disorders including mood disorders, psychosis and schizophrenia, dementia and Alzheimer, personality disorders, ADHD, dissociative disorders, impulse disorders, and many others
- Treatment information and algorithms including a complete psychiatric drug administration guide
- Interactive psychiatric scales like the Anxiety Status Inventory, HAMD-7, YMRS, Geriatric Depression Scale and many others
- A quick-reference essentials section containing a summary of general and commonly used psychiatric principles and tools
- Symptoms and presentation sections to allow user to quickly identify common differentials
- Information on common labs useful for ruling out medical causes of psychiatric disorders
- Technical Update
- Minor Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great tool and handy for psych students, Neuroscience students and Doctors to quickly assess the dsm and current treatments and drugs for diagnostics.
iOs 8, iPhone 6 and DSM 5
Overall, the app is great. It contains all the information needed for psychiatric rounds and consultations.
But the design is way out of time, please make it iOS 8 compatible, and also iPhone 6 compatible.
Also, I'd appreciate if you would update the information according to the new DSM 5. Thanks!
The scales alone make it worth the buck
If you are looking for APA material, keep looking. It seems to me that they are not interested in offering an App. This App works great as a quick reference tool and offers additional perspectives to free online sources, such as the DSM.
- Borm Bruckmeier Publishing LLC
- 21.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Börm Bruckmeier Publishing LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.