By Elliot Temple
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Conveniently learn what's important about psychiatry in a fun way.
Psychiatry does unwanted things (such as imprisonment in "mental hospitals" or forced drugging) to unwanted persons called "mental patients" who are "diagnosed" as having the "medical disease" of "mental illness". Coercing these people hurts them. They are targeted for being deviant or disagreeable to others. Don't believe me? Learn more in the app. Prepare to have your preconceptions challenged.
The most important fact about psychiatry is that it coerces people, and it could coerce you or your loved ones. Psychiatrists imprison and drug people without a trial which is, if you think about it, very scary.
* Covers common misconceptions about mental illness and what it really is.
* Offers a variety of types of educational material for different learning styles.
* Provides a philosophical perspective on psychiatry, freedom, and liberty.
* Draws on the ideas of Thomas Szasz, and explains why he's important.
* Tells you what you can do to help, and the best sources to learn more.
* Includes a fun quiz and a challenge to tell the difference between genuine psychiatric diagnostic criteria and made up ones.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 17, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Elliot Temple
- © 2011 Elliot Temple
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.