Pocket Prep is an award-winning tool in mobile learning and exam preparation. Pocket Prep allows you to study anywhere, anytime, right from your mobile device. We strive to make studying more efficient by redefining how you prepare for the PTCB's Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE®).
* Academics’ Choice “Smart Media” award winner
* EdTech Digest “Cool Tool” award winner
The Science Behind Mobile Learning:
Overloading your brain with too much information at once is a common study mistake. Research has shown that smaller, more frequent study sessions are the key to knowledge retention. In other words, taking short quizzes on the go is a much more effective means of exam preparation than reading page after page in a textbook. Apps offer the benefit of interaction, which means you’re far more likely to remember a concept you engage with rather than one you’ve only read about.
Take your pharmacy technician studies with you, no matter where life takes you.
PTCE Content Areas:
- Medication Order Entry and Fill Process
- Medication Safety
- Pharmacology for Technicians
- Pharmacy Billing and Reimbursement
- Pharmacy Information Systems Usage and Application
- Pharmacy Inventory Management
- Pharmacy Law and Regulations
- Pharmacy Quality Assurance
- Sterile and Non-sterile Compounding
Get Started for Free:
We provide a limited free version so you can get a feel for the app before deciding to upgrade. The free version offers over 100 questions with detailed answer explanations.
- 60 free questions available with download
- 30 free bonus questions available through social media
- 14-day access to the Question of the Day (QOTD)
- Comprehensive test-taking strategy guide
Unlock the Ultimate Mobile Learning Experience:
A one-time in-app purchase grants full lifetime access to our PTCE app.
- 800 total practice questions and detailed rationales
- Lifetime access to Question of the Day (QOTD)
- Unlock all social media bonus questions
- Unlock Exam Builder to create customized exams
- Priority in-app support
Pocket Prep Features:
- No internet required
- Study Modes: See answers as you go or at the end
- Retake past exams with a single tap
- Study reminders and QOTD notifications
- Automatic test saving and retrieval
- Detailed history and results reporting
- Exam day countdown
- Multi-device ready
Our team of writers and editors are industry leaders who have meticulously crafted pharmacy technician practice questions and detailed answer explanations with you in mind. Since 2011, Pocket Prep has been the leader in mobile learning and has helped over five million students and professionals achieve more.
Need help? Contact us through the app’s support section at any time for a response within 24 hours.
- Fixed a bug affecting the restore purchase function
Ratings and Reviews
Thanks to this app I am now a CPhT.
Worth the upgrade! A must have for anyone planning on taking the certification exam. If you or your employer are already risking $129 for you to take the PTCE, it is well worth you spending the extra $10 on this app.
Suggestion to the developer. Categorize questions better in the exam builder. (i.e. “Pharmacy Math” only having questions about basic calculations, IV drip rates, formulas, metric conversions, etc.) With the categories given, it was inconvenient to sift through questions and narrow down the types I wanted to practice. Also, as someone with retail pharmacy experience I was fairly well versed on brand/generic medication names. However, there should be an entire category of its own for those who may not be as familiar.
I’d like to rate this higher, but consistently having issues
This is a good app to study....if it actually worked consistently. Two problems that I’m having (iPhone 6):
1) With exam builder, the screen where areas to study are selected is completely blank (just a white screen) except for the green “next” button at the bottom. When pressed, it tells me I cannot proceed because no areas of study is selected. Yet I can’t do that as no matter what I do the study selection screen remains empty.
2) It always has trouble finding questions and gives me an error message instead. I hit refresh, it tries for 10-20 seconds and gives me the same message. Over and over. So even if I can get the study areas to be there, then the questions won’t load on the next step after selecting how many there will be.
I’ve read from the developers that deleting and redownloading will help rectify these problems as they weren’t expecting people to continually do the same questions over and over (or something to that degree) and they’re working on a fix. That may be, but I’ve tried these solutions to no avail. As it stands, this app that I’ve paid for is totally useless. Even if it sometimes works (by far most of the time it doesn’t) it’s just not worth the frustration to meddle with it to get things working properly.
Please fix this, devs!
Hi there, thanks for taking time to leave such a detailed review! Have you reached out to our support team yet? There are other steps we can suggest to quickly get you back up and running with the app. You can reach us through the FAQ area; just tap "Send us a message" to get started. We'll be standing by to assist!
I’m really loving this app! The free versions gets you going m, but once you’ve unlocked all the features it’s amazing. I haven’t taken my test as yet but I’m way more confident in taking it now than before! It lets you know where your weak areas are and allows you to get a tutor to help better understand. You can work on one topic at a time or multiple. And I like how you can set it up to tell it’s time to study to keep you on track till your test date! I will highly recommend for anyone who’s uneasy about taking the test! ❤️
- Pocket Prep, Inc.
- 58.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Pocket Prep, Inc. All rights reserved. This product is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the PTCB.
- In-App Purchases
- PTCB Premium $9.99
- PTCB Special $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.